On my 3rd Maxx HD

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So I Picked up the Maxx HD at 9 am on the 18th. Took it to work and started setting it up. It had a software issue where everytime I reset the phone it did a factory reset. so I took it back that afternoon and swapped out for a new Maxx HD.

I got it home and noticed that the kevlar had a small bump on it, so on my lunch break I took it to the Verizon store and showed the manager (Theresa). I explained to her that I paid retail for the phone and did not want to try and fix it myself because I did not want to damage the phone. So she takes the phone from me and goes in the back. Comes back 5 minutes later and said they fixed the bump and hands me the phone. To my horror they took a razor blade and sliced it off. I was shocked. There was a hole in my phone where once I had a bump.

I told here that would not work and the manager (Theresa) kept saying that it was fine and if I was upset I could return it within 14 days but for now just buy a case and put it on my phone. I explained to her that I sell my phones after I am done with them and this would effect the price. She disagreed and said its so small no one will notice. I did not have my receipt or box with me so I could not do a refund at that time. I asked two other employees in front of her and they both agrees that the hole was not acceptable, but she just kept disagreeing and trying to sell me a case. So I brought the case, and told her I would go home and come back and do a refund. She scolded me in the store and told me I should give it a try the way it is.....What am I 12.

I leave the store and start driving home and look down at the case and she sold me one for the HD not the Maxx HD. WOW

So I was half way home turned around and went back and had to make the exchange.

Ughhhhhh

So I called 611 to see if they could help resolve the issue, The lady on the phone was very helpful but said the store that damaged the phone would have to replace it. She even called the store and spoke with the manager (Theresa) who gave the phone agent the same story. So when the phone agent gets on the phone with me after being on hold she apologizes and tells me the she is floored at how the manager is acting and reported her and escalated the issue. They found another Verizon store in my area and worked out the exchange. They even called me back to make sure everything was resolved and the I had gotten a new phone.

I ended up taking the phone to a Verizon kiosk in BJ's after calling 611 and escalating the issue, and the did a full exchange and gave me a new phone.

Finally I have my phone and it is set up and evrything is good with the world...

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
VZW didn't make $15.5B last quarter being helpful or honest.

Glad it worked out well for you but I'll bet these horror stories occur far more often than we realize.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Dang that's horrible. You can do others a favor by twittering that or writing a letter to Verizon about that manager

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Damn, that's bad luck right there. Never had a new phone that had a zit on its back. Bacne?

Sent from my NookColor using Android Central Forums

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Thats amazing....she took a razor blade to the phone and said that its fine, even after you explained you didnt wanna try to do it and damage it yourself. She went ahead and damaged it for you...

I hope she understands just because its called a RAZR...doesnt mean it ok to use razor blades on the phone. I consider myself extremely lucky cuz I mainly get my phones delivered and I had only 1 major problem since 2008. One phone had a bad ESN.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Where is this store located? Maybe you can prevents from going into that store. Oh never mind I see that you're in Richmond, Va. Good thing you're patient I would've punched her in the throat for taking a blade to my phone.

Instagram @geekymcfly

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Glad that got settled and that manager is a worthless piece of... you get the idea

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
So I Picked up the Maxx HD at 9 am on the 18th. Took it to work and started setting it up. It had a software issue where everytime I reset the phone it did a factory reset. so I took it back that afternoon and swapped out for a new Maxx HD.

I got it home and noticed that the kevlar had a small bump on it, so on my lunch break I took it to the Verizon store and showed the manager (Theresa). I explained to her that I paid retail for the phone and did not want to try and fix it myself because I did not want to damage the phone. So she takes the phone from me and goes in the back. Comes back 5 minutes later and said they fixed the bump and hands me the phone. To my horror they took a razor blade and sliced it off. I was shocked. There was a hole in my phone where once I had a bump.

I told here that would not work and the manager (Theresa) kept saying that it was fine and if I was upset I could return it within 14 days but for now just buy a case and put it on my phone. I explained to her that I sell my phones after I am done with them and this would effect the price. She disagreed and said its so small no one will notice. I did not have my receipt or box with me so I could not do a refund at that time. I asked two other employees in front of her and they both agrees that the hole was not acceptable, but she just kept disagreeing and trying to sell me a case. So I brought the case, and told her I would go home and come back and do a refund. She scolded me in the store and told me I should give it a try the way it is.....What am I 12.

I leave the store and start driving home and look down at the case and she sold me one for the HD not the Maxx HD. WOW

So I was half way home turned around and went back and had to make the exchange.

Ughhhhhh

So I called 611 to see if they could help resolve the issue, The lady on the phone was very helpful but said the store that damaged the phone would have to replace it. She even called the store and spoke with the manager (Theresa) who gave the phone agent the same story. So when the phone agent gets on the phone with me after being on hold she apologizes and tells me the she is floored at how the manager is acting and reported her and escalated the issue. They found another Verizon store in my area and worked out the exchange. They even called me back to make sure everything was resolved and the I had gotten a new phone.

I ended up taking the phone to a Verizon kiosk in BJ's after calling 611 and escalating the issue, and the did a full exchange and gave me a new phone.

Finally I have my phone and it is set up and evrything is good with the world...

I am shocked at the ego and stupidity of the manager that this is all I can say for now. Sorry to hear man that is completely f-ing unacceptable. The reason is that their district managers are aiming to meet store metrics and need to minimize returns so this leads to this behavior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thats amazing....she took a razor blade to the phone and said that its fine, even after you explained you didnt wanna try to do it and damage it yourself. She went ahead and damaged it for you...

I hope she understands just because its called a RAZR...doesnt mean it ok to use razor blades on the phone. I consider myself extremely lucky cuz I mainly get my phones delivered and I had only 1 major problem since 2008. One phone had a bad ESN.

You're supposed to shave with your RAZR.

...You're not supposed to shave your RAZR!

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Verizon stores are horrible...worse than car dealerships these days....Best Buy has recently revamped customer service and is pretty good now in my area...,that's where I get my phone service now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to ask the same question as someone above. Was it an Authorized Retailer or an actual Corporate Verizon Store? That makes a difference people. Do not go to Authorized dealers or agents. They'll will rip you off and treat you like crap after the sale because they purchase the phones just like you and I. Once they hand it to you as far as their concerned they are done with you.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
It was like a piece of sand under the Kevlar near the volume rocker. The store is located on the 7700 block of Broad street in Richmond VA.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
It was a corporate store...I would never go to an authorized dealer. The guy at the Verizon in BJ's told me a story about a woman that came to their kiosk and was having a problem with her phone. When he looked up her account she had three lines. She was an older person and was going to the Verizon store close to her house every time she had an issue. It was an authorized dealer and they just kept selling her a new phone each time she went in and so she had 1 phone and 3 lines.....

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Former AT&T Mobility CSR here.

From experience, I can tell you that the Verizon CSR did an AMAZING job. I can't begin to express how much trouble that rep went through to help you out. I have had a few bad experiences dealing with retail representatives over the phone, but none as unpleasant as yours. Many kudos to the VZW rep for orchestrating everything just to get you a new phone, knowing the whole time her job performance is judged on the average time of her customer interactions (among other things). If you get a survey callback of some sort, leave extremely positive feedback for her.

Theresa deserves to have her butt cooked. I'm professionally and personally appalled at what happened in the store.

My 2 cents.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Former AT&T Mobility CSR here.

From experience, I can tell you that the Verizon CSR did an AMAZING job. I can't begin to express how much trouble that rep went through to help you out. I have had a few bad experiences dealing with retail representatives over the phone, but none as unpleasant as yours. Many kudos to the VZW rep for orchestrating everything just to get you a new phone, knowing the whole time her job performance is judged on the average time of her customer interactions (among other things). If you get a survey callback of some sort, leave extremely positive feedback for her.

Theresa deserves to have her butt cooked. I'm professionally and personally appalled at what happened in the store.

My 2 cents.

I did not get a survey call but I did call back and speak to a different agent and they submitted a review for the agent and sent it to her supervisor and her supervisor's supervisor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma