Battery Testimonials

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys think that the following is normal for the MAXX HD? 14.5 hours of off charger (starting at 100%). Now down to 35%. Screen on for 3 hours, 50 minutes of phone calls, Wi-fi connected for about 6 of the 14.5 hours (the rest on 4G), 15 minutes of web browsing, and some Granny Smith. I have one Gmail account and one Exchange account -- both push mail. Nothing else really syncs in the background. Does that seem acceptable to you guys or do you think it could be a dud?

Sounds good to me. It may get slightly better over time but its not a flawed battery.

One thing people must realize is Motorola estimates a certain time based on ideal conditions. In other words, tested in a laboratory and no signal transfer, drops, etc. that will hurt the battery. Motorola is no different than car companies and the EPA. You need to have the absolute ideal weather conditions, windows up and air conditioning off, cruise control, proper tire pressure, steady revs, and other factors. You will rarely if ever duplicate this and that doesn't mean they lied. Just means our test area differs from their test area.
Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

jtl

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Terrific analogy and thank you for helping. I came from a T-bolt, so nothing is more important to me than battery life.

Sounds good to me. It may get slightly better over time but its not a flawed battery.

One thing people must realize is Motorola estimates a certain time based on ideal conditions. In other words, tested in a laboratory and no signal transfer, drops, etc. that will hurt the battery. Motorola is no different than car companies and the EPA. You need to have the absolute ideal weather conditions, windows up and air conditioning off, cruise control, proper tire pressure, steady revs, and other factors. You will rarely if ever duplicate this and that doesn't mean they lied. Just means our test area differs from their test area.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Light, moderate, or heavy usage? 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, or no data and how much approximately of each? Screen brightness at auto? Any applications such as Twitter updating periodically? All of this matters and may help others understand better as to why you get this and they may not.

Sorry to be light in the details. That was all 4G & 3G. We were out of town on a road trip this weekend, and had 4G while we were in the city we traveled to but had 3G for the entire drive in between.

Screen brightness is set to auto and no WiFi was available. I have a gmail account, an exchange account and 3 IMAP accounts all syncing. Facebook has it's default settings. I haven't made ONE tweak to try and improve the battery life.

I'll watch it more closely this week, and today will be my first "regular day" with the phone (got back on town yesterday), so I'll share that information later on tonight.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to get that beastly battery life now. I am at 5 hours with 86 percent yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be light in the details. That was all 4G & 3G. We were out of town on a road trip this weekend, and had 4G while we were in the city we traveled to but had 3G for the entire drive in between.

Screen brightness is set to auto and no WiFi was available. I have a gmail account, an exchange account and 3 IMAP accounts all syncing. Facebook has it's default settings. I haven't made ONE tweak to try and improve the battery life.

I'll watch it more closely this week, and today will be my first "regular day" with the phone (got back on town yesterday), so I'll share that information later on tonight.

Thank you.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I am down to 84% -- wifi most of the day with the screen on for only 1 hour. Any suggestions?

Do you have any automatic updates in the background? You made sure Maps doesn't search right?

jtl

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of off hand. I checked everything -- I think. Is there a quick way to check this? Maps is off. Thanks for your help.
Do you have any automatic updates in the background? You made sure Maps doesn't search right?

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I am down to 84% -- wifi most of the day with the screen on for only 1 hour. Any suggestions?

Yeah I have been on Wi-Fi mostly as well. I haven't tweaked any other settings so I don't really have any advice.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of off hand. I checked everything -- I think. Is there a quick way to check this? Maps is off. Thanks for your help.

You can check your Sync settings in the Setting menu. Only sync the things you want. For example, in Gmail, I only sync email and contacts. I disabled the rest.

Then check apps like twitter one by one.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This thing is nuts! 10 hours off the battery. Browsed the Web for 30 minutes first thing. Went to the gym, came home, showered, then had a 45 minute conference call on the way to the office (was connected to my cars Bluetooth) and have just used it like normal today...maybe very slightly less than normal. I'm on WiFi while at home and at work. Check out the screenshot...10 hours in and I'm at 84%!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350939930628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350939930628.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 63

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
That's what I'm saying. My maps had over 1000 wakes before I disabled updating my location. That might have something to do with wakelock. I'll know more tomorrow since I just disabled it tonight.
I took the same action (and switched from Global to LTE/CDMA). I think that may have done the trick. I'm currently at 7 hours, 32 minuets and have only consumed 25% of my power. Not phenenomal like others have posted, but a heck of a lot better than before and better than on any other phone I have owned. To be honest though this was with using WiFi for a majority of the day. I will try tomorrow with out WiFi.

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I took the same action (and switched from Global to LTE/CDMA). I think that may have done the trick. I'm currently at 7 hours, 32 minuets and have only consumed 25% of my power. Not phenenomal like others have posted, but a heck of a lot better than before and better than on any other phone I have owned. To be honest though this was with using WiFi for a majority of the day. I will try tomorrow with out WiFi.

You should check the other apps that sync also. For example I use scoremobile for sports and it was syncing every 2 min, I changed it to never. My k9 mail settings for sync were also more often on some accounts I don't need to sync a lot, my error when I set them up, but I noticed k9 was using a lot of battery and went back and found I hadn't changed a couple of sync intervals. I use gsam battery to keep track of battery usage. It's free.

msc728

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What do you think of these stats? they seem off in my mind
10h 26m 47%
voice calls 72% (4hr 9m)
screen 14% (1h 16m)
phone idle 6% (9h 10m)
android system 3% (13m)
cell standby 2% (10h 26m)

NO wifi, NO GPS, and NO bluetooth used at all. Location services disabled as well. In a 4g area 98% of my day. I'm disappointed in this battery life so far.
boasts 31 hrs of talk...i would get 8 maybe... I almost forgot to mention, on 2 separate occasions (different days) I restarted my phone and BOTH times the battery life dropped 10-11% (Friday went from 32% to 22% on restart and yesterday from 36% to 25%)
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
What do you think of these stats? they seem off in my mind
10h 26m 48%
voice calls 72% (4hr 9m)
screen 14% (1h 16m)
phone idle 6% (9h 10m)
android system 3% (13m)
cell standby 2% (10h 26m)

NO wifi, NO GPS, and NO bluetooh used at all. Location services disabled as well. i'm disappointed in this batter life so far. Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!

4hours of talk time is a lot and you are only at 50% after 10+ hours. I would jump for joy.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not gonna lie, but for some reason I was expecting 40 hours easy haha. But at this rate I still can get about 30. Not bad. Better than the 8-10 I was getting on my s3.

msc728

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
maybe i was expecting to much. When I read others getting much more out of theirs it just makes me wonder...I've seen some pretty crazy numbers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey