Battery Testimonials

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Gonna Switch mine out for another Maxx today. My battery life isn't ad good as what it should be

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I didn't expect this thread to take off so fast. I'm impressed by the numbers we're all getting! My battery life has never hit the fifties coming off of a full charge and making it through 90 minutes of 4g LTE browsing and display time and about 9 or 10 hours otherwise of standby every day. Loving it!

Edit: I have a smart action set up for extreme battery saving when I hit below 25%. I don't think I'll ever need it...

unw1red

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have found that Tasker will not let the phone sleep. I have disabled it and simply used Smart Actions which WILL let the phone sleep. This has dramatically increased battery life. I'm not getting the 2 days like some people, but my 4G coverage is poor in my house. I have implemented a smart action to disable Mobile Data when the WiFi is connected. This has helped as well.

I am noticing that sometimes the WiFi will sporadically connect/disconnect. I am running an enterprise WiFi solution in my house and not a Linksys or Netgear. It doesn't always happen, but it still bothersome. I like the fact that it is an 802.11an 40MHz solution which ROCKS!

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have found that Tasker will not let the phone sleep. I have disabled it and simply used Smart Actions which WILL let the phone sleep. This has dramatically increased battery life. I'm not getting the 2 days like some people, but my 4G coverage is poor in my house. I have implemented a smart action to disable Mobile Data when the WiFi is connected. This has helped as well.

I am noticing that sometimes the WiFi will sporadically connect/disconnect. I am running an enterprise WiFi solution in my house and not a Linksys or Netgear. It doesn't always happen, but it still bothersome. I like the fact that it is an 802.11an 40MHz solution which ROCKS!

What is tasker? I am not seeing it in my apps. When you turn off mobile data, does that affect your ability to turn off text messages?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
[snip]...I am noticing that sometimes the WiFi will sporadically connect/disconnect. I am running an enterprise WiFi solution in my house and not a Linksys or Netgear. It doesn't always happen, but it still bothersome. I like the fact that it is an 802.11an 40MHz solution which ROCKS!

You are not alone with the sporadic wifi disconnects. I started a thread and I believe there is one other on here about it. I'm very concerned as I can't seem to resolve the issue and we are all using different routers (I'm using an Airport Extreme).

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No screen shots, but I got the Maxx last night. First time after full charge: 30 percent left, 19 hours and 35 minutes off charger, screen time 4 hours 22 minutes. After using my Thunderbolt for 19 months, I'm ecstatic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

JIH2009

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a chance to run a Full charge to almost dead test.

Mixed WiFi, 3G and 4G. Screen brightness on auto, 30 sec shut off. ALOT of text, web browsing, twitter, facebook, few calls, youtube. My signal is very poor at my house so it struggled at times, will probably have better battery life once they send the extender.

This phone is a BEAST!

Screenshot_2012-10-28-21-29-16.png

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Best battery life period. With 95%4g usage.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351559368077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351559368077.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 115
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351559378716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351559378716.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 38

WrexAndroid

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
When I got my MaxxHD I waited for the battery to totally die before charging. I then charged to 100% and since then the battery life has been insane.

This past weekend I took it off the charger on Friday morning and didn't put it back on until Sunday night. I used the phone over the weekend and was surprised when it would barely drop after taxing it with music, downloads and video. When I finally put it on the charger Sunday my battery was at 15%.

Coming from a TBolt where I would have to keep a charger at hand, this is awesome. The battery life alone is enough to say I will keep this phone. Although, the more I use it the better I like it and I'm glad I picked it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I got my MaxxHD I waited for the battery to totally die before charging. I then charged to 100% and since then the battery life has been insane.

This past weekend I took it off the charger on Friday morning and didn't put it back on until Sunday night. I used the phone over the weekend and was surprised when it would barely drop after taxing it with music, downloads and video. When I finally put it on the charger Sunday my battery was at 15%.

Coming from a TBolt where I would have to keep a charger at hand, this is awesome. The battery life alone is enough to say I will keep this phone. Although, the more I use it the better I like it and I'm glad I picked it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

You didn't need to drain the battery to get it's full effect. I never do this and my battery life is insane. Ni-Ion batteries had a memory for battery level that would decrease if you failed to do this. But Lithium-Ion does not suffer from this.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
has anyone read what the manufacturer recommends for charging procedures?

Lithium-Ion batteries do not change from one device to another. Charge it as often as you want and/or can. There is no memory loss or training now a days. A Lithium-Ion has approximately 500 charging cycles in it. That means from 0%-100% is one charge and from 50%-100% is half a charge cycle. There is no benefit to completely draining the battery before charging. Why regret not charging it one night when it does not matter?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
this is absolutely WONDERFUL news!!! I still have my T-bolt, but the maxx hd is my next phone, and I don't upgrade until July. by then I should be getting it much cheaper than $299.00...yep, I'm drooling over this battery life!!!

WrexAndroid

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
You didn't need to drain the battery to get it's full effect. I never do this and my battery life is insane. Ni-Ion batteries had a memory for battery level that would decrease if you failed to do this. But Lithium-Ion does not suffer from this.

Old habits die hard I guess.

wm.cal

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I took my new Maxx HD to a conference the weekend after I got it. Sat at a table with a bunch of guys using iPhones in those huge thick battery-booster cases. After conference, we hit night clubs. At 1 am my phone was at 60%, iPhone guys had nothing, even with battery cases. Charged overnight. Next day, at meetings, I ran DirecTV Sunday Ticket for a couple of hours, battery got down to 80%. Lots of people looking at football over my shoulder. I felt like I was was in a Moto commercial (or DirecTV). Traded up from a Bionic. What a difference.