Those that switched from GS3 to Maxx HD

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Most people only say they hate touchwiz cause they heard someone else say it. I rarely hear any good reasons to hate it. VERY rarely.

And how do you like your cast iron phone? You do realize your car is plastic, right? And the majority of everything in production today?

When is the last time you cooked a peach cobbler in your phone? Do you really think the S3 is crappy plastic even though the majority of everyone that has one, loves it?

Saying the S3 is cheap, and saying you hate touchwiz is two massively overkilled stupid gripes by those who don't own the S3. Formulate your own opinions people. Try things before you just instantly believe everything you read.
Sent from my Galaxy S3

TouchWiz is horrendous.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night...

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Most people only say they hate touchwiz cause they heard someone else say it. I rarely hear any good reasons to hate it. VERY rarely.

And how do you like your cast iron phone? You do realize your car is plastic, right? And the majority of everything in production today?

When is the last time you cooked a peach cobbler in your phone? Do you really think the S3 is crappy plastic even though the majority of everyone that has one, loves it?

Saying the S3 is cheap, and saying you hate touchwiz is two massively overkilled stupid gripes by those who don't own the S3. Formulate your own opinions people. Try things before you just instantly believe everything you read.
Sent from my Galaxy S3

Touchwiz was designed by an eleventeen year old, lets just get that out first for foremost.

I never had a problem with the samsung "cheap" feel, however the One X, Lumia, and RAZR feel much better with very similar specs.(albiet without a removeable battery).Oh, and ive owned 4 SGS3's already.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
TouchWiz is horrendous.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night...

Again, no one has specifics of why it's horrendous or bad or designed by a juvenile. People can toss fun phrases around but no one has a specific reason or thought. It's just a bunch of regurgitation and echoing what you've heard.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Again, no one has specifics of why it's horrendous or bad or designed by a juvenile. People can toss fun phrases around but no one has a specific reason or thought. It's just a bunch of regurgitation and echoing what you've heard.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Specifically? I think the UI looks childish. The icons look poorly made, and almost all of the "features" of the galaxy s3 are gimmicks. Owning the SGS3 for a while, I only used one and that was smart stay. The rest (like flipping it over to mute an incoming call and more) are offered by other manufacturers like HTC and LG, maybe more. It's bloated and I would venture to say that it (in my opinion since you sir are so die hard on FACTS) is the worse skin available on new phones right now.

No one needs regurgitation or word of mouth to tell you that they dont like the appearance of Touchwiz, its a subjective matter regardless. So stop telling everyone they dont know what they are talking about or that they have never used it. Again, the phone is damn great, but I PERSONALLY dont like touchwiz, and neither does stang.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is one I took with my s3 two weeks ago. Even in low light with flash it is a million times better! (I added vignette effect on the edges after pic was taken)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/27/udugu7at.jpg

Big difference but I prefer the RAZR HD Maxx due to battery life. I don't like carrying batteries around just in case.

And I love the expression on the little ones face :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Specifically? I think the UI looks childish. The icons look poorly made, and almost all of the "features" of the galaxy s3 are gimmicks. Owning the SGS3 for a while, I only used one and that was smart stay. The rest (like flipping it over to mute an incoming call and more) are offered by other manufacturers like HTC and LG, maybe more. It's bloated and I would venture to say that it (in my opinion since you sir are so die hard on FACTS) is the worse skin available on new phones right now.

No one needs regurgitation or word of mouth to tell you that they dont like the appearance of Touchwiz, its a subjective matter regardless. So stop telling everyone they dont know what they are talking about or that they have never used it. Again, the phone is damn great, but I PERSONALLY dont like touchwiz, and neither does stang.

No one said they didn't like the APPEARANCE until this post you just made. They were just saying that it sucked. Don't twist things and then try to use it against me. I simply stated MY OPINION that you sound like a tool when you have nothing specific to share, and you just echo everyone else. If you've got a strong opinion of something, you generally wont be hesitant to share why.

One could also argue that every new innovation could be classified as a "gimmick" in the early stages. Personally, I respect Samsung for doing new things to see what catches on and is beneficial. I like the smart alert, smart stay, and a few others. Just cause you never utilized the features doesn't make then gimmicks.

People seem to have a vendetta against Samsung because they sell the most phones.

Another thing, i never said people didn't know what they were talking about. I do however, like to hear why people feel the way they do. I am interested in that sort of thing, and i don't understand why its such a crime to ask "why".

Sent from my Galaxy S3

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
No one said they didn't like the APPEARANCE until this post you just made. They were just saying that it sucked. Don't twist things and then try to use it against me. I simply stated MY OPINION that you sound like a tool when you have nothing specific to share, and you just echo everyone else. If you've got a strong opinion of something, you generally wont be hesitant to share why.

One could also argue that every new innovation could be classified as a "gimmick" in the early stages. Personally, I respect Samsung for doing new things to see what catches on and is beneficial. I like the smart alert, smart stay, and a few others. Just cause you never utilized the features doesn't make then gimmicks.

People seem to have a vendetta against Samsung because they sell the most phones.

Another thing, i never said people didn't know what they were talking about. I do however, like to hear why people feel the way they do. I am interested in that sort of thing, and i don't understand why its such a crime to ask "why".

Sent from my Galaxy S3

When you said "Saying the S3 is cheap, and saying you hate touchwiz is two massively overkilled stupid gripes by those who don't own the S3. Formulate your own opinions people. Try things before you just instantly believe everything you read." your implying that people are talking out of their rear, AKA that they don't know what they are talking about. Im not going to get into anything else because your just defending what you own, no matter how you formulate it. Tomato toma-to, gimmick or useful. I just know more people share my opinion on Touchwiz. I respect samsung as well, I only buy Samsung TV's and Ive owned dozens of samsung phones and tablets, but they dont pay my bills and I dont get any of their stuff for free so theres no reason for me to fanboy-rage-defend them.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Really?

Here are some excerpts from our fearless leader here at AC ;)
Motorola is making some of the best hardware on the smartphone market today. Period. The company seems to have made a concerted effort over the past year to focus its efforts on quality materials and streamlined, across-the-board design language, and the RAZR HD line is the pitch-perfect fruit of its labor.

This is a premium design, definitely a step up from Samsung’s current strategy and right in line with the likes of the iPhone and HTC’s One series.

It’s covered with Gorilla Glass and splash-proof nanocoating, and lacks capacitive buttons, opting for on-display navigation the way Google intended.

The RAZR is noticeably brighter than the Galaxy S3, and performs admirably in direct sunlight unlike some of its competition.

I managed to get 36 hours of a single charge. And this is without using Smart Actions to squeeze out every last bit of juice. If I took a minute to truly optimize the device for battery life -- which Motorola’s SmartActions make very simple to do -- I have no doubt that I could push that up to 48 hours. Forget playback tests, forget silly HD video-on-loops in a lab. These are real-life numbers, and they’re unmatched by the competition. Prepare to be spoiled.

Motorola has chosen to stay as close to vanilla Android as possible And the minor tweaks that Motorola has made are welcome and useful.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to say that I don't mind touchwiz. Most phone enthusiasts on forums don't like it, but I like the features and options. Moreso than blur. I do like Motorolas hardware though. I for one am less worried about the physical home buttons than the on screen buttons that stay.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
people that use the on screen button argument against the rzr maxx hd are ludicrous!!!!!! you are talking about .25"!!!!!! So google got it wrong on the Nexus 4, 7, and 10? LOL!!

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
people that use the on screen button argument against the rzr maxx hd are ludicrous!!!!!! you are talking about .25"!!!!!! So google got it wrong on the Nexus 4, 7, and 10? LOL!!

I said TO ME not everyone!!!!! I wouldn't mind the on screen buttons as long as they would disappear after a couple of seconds of not touching the screen

WrexAndroid

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Switching to HDR helps when using the camera. All the reviews were bashing the camera and I haven't had any issues as of yet. If you are worried about it Camera360 is a good camera app.

That guy

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I switched back to the GS3. Just couldn't get over the Camera and the loss of screen real estate.

I am not a fan of touchwiz. I rooted and booted this thing within minutes and am now running Jellybro with the 4.2 keyboard and camera. Battery last about 15 hours so I can't complain. No radio issues as well. Maybe it is the ROM tho.

I have until the 18 to switch back and I honestly am thinking that the S3 is the better phone for me. Still breaks my heart tho

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I switched back to the GS3. Just couldn't get over the Camera and the loss of screen real estate.

I am not a fan of touchwiz. I rooted and booted this thing within minutes and am now running Jellybro with the 4.2 keyboard and camera. Battery last about 15 hours so I can't complain. No radio issues as well. Maybe it is the ROM tho.

I have until the 18 to switch back and I honestly am thinking that the S3 is the better phone for me. Still breaks my heart tho

Still breaks your heart? Seems you don't miss it for anything. Was it the battery life?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
^^^breaks my heart because I was so excited to get it and waited so long. I really wanted to think that it was better.

And yeah battery life but I guess I realized that it 30+ hours of life isn't that serious. If my phone can last all day I am good. I guess

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
but they dont pay my bills and I dont get any of their stuff for free so theres no reason for me to fanboy-rage-defend them.

They don't have to do those things to make me like the phone and ask people to clarify their statements. On forums, it's useless to discuss things when both sides don't understand the opinions being stated. I'm okay with the Maxx HD and my previous phone was the Maxx. But the new Maxx HD brings nothing new to the table. Motorola makes amazing things but they aren't even slightly game changing. Have you noticed almost every new Android is compared to the S3? That's called a "standard". The S3 is the standard right now. I like TW because it offers new features. You know what's cool about it? You can shut those features/gimmicks off if you don't use them. I'm not a fanboy of Samsung just because I like TouchWiz and ask why others don't. You don't have to owe me an explanation, that's why I simply asked. I prefer specifics over mindless echos.

I should add that Moto deserves credit for the battery. That IS game changing. But that is only the Maxx variants obviously.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

diegoesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You guys think they will release a new razr soon? Thinking of switching from s3 to maxx hd but don't want an outdated phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34