[Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

rightushook

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sweet Dre051288,

currently trying now, has made it past the error. will update if all goes well.

Again, thanks a lot.

edit, it is working and rooted. Awesome

Last edited:

Dre051288

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Great glad to hear it worked for you.

Is there any way to get clockwork mod recovery on the RAZR maxx HD, I would like to make a nanodroid backup

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so maybe what I heard was in reference to phones that were rooted then modded with a custom rom.

Is a rooted phone any more susceptible/vulnerable to a virus/malware attack because its "opened up"?

Yes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

mighty14

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide] RAZR MAXX HD Root Method

I have downloaded the Mac version but there are no instructions to proceed further and there is no Razr Utility.bat in the mac version please help

outlaw08

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

when i click on the batakang link it comes back saying web page is unavailable in chrome and in IE, did it get blocked?

outlaw08

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

was able to do the old way as I wasn't on the latest OTA update, verified it worked by installing a root app which worked, now how do I unroot it?

Last edited:

Atrayitti

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I can't follow the link to download the utility from Matt's website. When I click the link it says the page doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
To unroot your phone you can use Superuser or another app like that to unroot you phone. Should be somewhere in the settings. Why would you want to unroot it thought? Just leave it rooted, won't harm anything really.

I've been wondering where you've been and here I see you in droid razr maxx HD forum.....tisk tisk....COME BACK!!:(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

outlaw08

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
To unroot your phone you can use Superuser or another app like that to unroot you phone. Should be somewhere in the settings. Why would you want to unroot it thought? Just leave it rooted, won't harm anything really.

I have gone through the entire settings and don't see an unroot option, is that an option that the elite superuser can do? also, how do you get rid of SU aka unroot the phone? it becomes a system application and is protected, I am using root browse to delete apps is there a better app out there?

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have tried two different types of roots and neither one seems to work on my new Razr maxx HD I did the one where I hold the power and vol up and felt the vibrate and it would never do anything, then I purchased the one click root setup and I get the superoneclick not responding. So I'm at a total loss here anyhelp would be appreciated.

James

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Has the Dev support already died on this phone?

I still can not get mine to root, the one click root I've now gotten it to go as far as step #7 and then it freezes up and does nothing. The other root method when I press the power and volume up key at same time I get the vibrate but nothing happens after that. Yes debug mode is set and my phone has the new update.
Even over on xda I'm not seeing much going on in the way of roots well except some for the developer series.
Any help on getting this rooted sure would be nice.

Thanks James

rsntial

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Has the Dev support already died on this phone?

I still can not get mine to root, the one click root I've now gotten it to go as far as step #7 and then it freezes up and does nothing. The other root method when I press the power and volume up key at same time I get the vibrate but nothing happens after that. Yes debug mode is set and my phone has the new update.
Even over on xda I'm not seeing much going on in the way of roots well except some for the developer series.
Any help on getting this rooted sure would be nice.

Thanks James

Before you start off, increase the volume on the phone...when you are prompted to push the power and volume up buttons you will get one short vibrate then about 5 second after two quick ones...you should be all set after that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Before you start off, increase the volume on the phone...when you are prompted to push the power and volume up buttons you will get one short vibrate then about 5 second after two quick ones...you should be all set after that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Thanks for the info, once I get the two sets of vibrates what do I do from that point? I've felt those but nothing has prompted me to do anything from there.

Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2

Sam Woodson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
First time rooting, I've been using Android for just over 2 years, first a Galaxy S, then Droid Incredible 2 (For about 2 weeks, sound was awful), then a Droid X2 for the last year and a half.

I received my Razr Maxx HD on Tuesday, I just rooted using the OLD method (I saw the Update from Verizon, but did NOT apply it).

Mod seems to have worked, I have the Superuser application on my phone. How else can I verify?

Does this MOD include Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWM) ? Or do I still need to install it?

Next, I want to remove some of the Verizon Bloatware, Verizon Navigator, etc.. After getting ROOT, I tried to Drag it to the Top to the More Options, I still couldn't Uninstall it, but I was able to DISABLE it and Force Stop it. Is this basically the same as Uninstall or do I need to do something else? At least the icon is gone now!

Thanks,
Sam

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
OK thanks I'm rooted now what all can I safely do with the phone I have titanium pro installed and rootkeeper installed. How can I speed up processor and make this phone more efficient? Oh how do I remove all the bloat for good and will I get the ota update next week when it gets pushed out.

Sent From my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
First time rooting, I've been using Android for just over 2 years, first a Galaxy S, then Droid Incredible 2 (For about 2 weeks, sound was awful), then a Droid X2 for the last year and a half.

I received my Razr Maxx HD on Tuesday, I just rooted using the OLD method (I saw the Update from Verizon, but did NOT apply it).

Mod seems to have worked, I have the Superuser application on my phone. How else can I verify?

Thanks,
Sam
Verify root? Just use Root Checker from the Play store

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Sam Woodson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Received my Droid Razr Maxx HD on Tuesday Nov 27th, rooted via the Old method on Friday Nov. 30th. Ran the Verizon OTA update on Tuesday Dec. 4th... Voodoo OTA RootKeeper v2 did NOT restore Root. Ran your new method above and regained Root!

Now Verizon is supposed to be pushing out Jelly Bean this week, do I use it or the Jelly Bean leak? Has anyone received and installed the official Jelly Bean update? Can you keep or restore Root?

Thanks,

Spencer Brann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
as soon as i load the utility and choose to root the phone i get a messege saying adb is not recognied as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang