Horrible Verizon store marketing/support/sales reps.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I have been waiting for this phone for the last few months. I've always had Motorola phones and loved them (RAZR, Bionic, Droid X, Droid). I just replaced my wife's iPhone 4 with a SG3 about a month ago (she left droid for the "cuter" iPhone and hated it, now she's back where she belongs) and after the rumors of the Maxx HD being pushed back after Thanksgiving I had a flashback to how much it sucked waiting for my Bionic with all the pushed back release dates. I had a RAZR, which was ok, but seeing the wife play with her new shiny SG3 I couldn't take it and I bought one ONLY to hold me over until the Maxx HD came out. Turns out the HD Maxx's official release date was announced the next week :-\

Anyways I ended up really liking the SG3 and actually just ordered the Note 2, but that's not what this thread is about. There are a few things I don't like about my SG3 so I decided to go check out the Maxx HD to see if I fell in love with it and would go ahead and buy it. I went to my local Verizon store on the 25th, a full week after the release and I couldn't find the phone on display. The rep told me it was over there so I looked again, nothing. Turns out he didn't know what phone I was talking about and he was pointing me over to the Maxx. So he and his buddy hop on the computer and finally figure out what phone I'm talking about. They say they have some in stock and just stand there. So I asked if they had a display model I could check out since I was interested in buying one, they "think" one of the other reps had one on her desk. So they go in the back for 5 min and come out with a filthy Maxx HD that is not activated or even charged! He handed it to me and i was like WTF am i supposed to do with a dead phone? The phone felt solid and looked pretty good, as good as a phone can look while it's off, but obviously I didn't get to play with it.

I was VERY disappointed in that store. Hopefully I can find another store this weekend that has one on display I can play with.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
That's too bad. My local VZ Corporate store had a nice Droid display with the Razr M, Maxx, HD and Maxx HD. I got a good chance to really play with it before buying it. Best Buy also had it on display, but it wasn't turned on. Just the false screen shot. Good luck finding one. I listed my GS3 on eBay and Swappa today since I am liking the Maxx HD so much.

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just saw an awesome commercial on ESPN for the Razr Maxx HD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen numerous commercials for the maxx HD. Think it was on ESPN also during a football game.

I went to a corp Verizon store last Wednesday.because I wanted the Maxx HD. But I had waited a week because I was hoping angainst hope that by some miracle they just might happen to have a couple iPhone 5's available too. Thought I might have more clout in getting them to waive the upgrade fees If I was upgrading 3 smartphones, but no iPhones. (Which wasn't altogether unexpected however) I asked about waiving the upgrade fee but was politely turned down. (again, not altogether unexpected)

The girl that helped me with my upgrade, when I asked about how many maxx HD's and how many Razr HD's she had sold, said she had sold 3 Razr HD's but this was her first Maxx HD. I asked why she thought this was and she said she thought it was the price, $199 vs $299. I didn't ask how many the store had sold, just her personally.

Still hoping to get the 2 iPhone 5's before Christmas as Christmas presents for my wife and daughter.

Patiently waiting for the release of my next upgrade in the Summer of 2014. Should be an awesome smartphone!

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
So I have been waiting for this phone for the last few months. I've always had Motorola phones and loved them (RAZR, Bionic, Droid X, Droid). I just replaced my wife's iPhone 4 with a SG3 about a month ago (she left droid for the "cuter" iPhone and hated it, now she's back where she belongs) and after the rumors of the Maxx HD being pushed back after Thanksgiving I had a flashback to how much it sucked waiting for my Bionic with all the pushed back release dates. I had a RAZR, which was ok, but seeing the wife play with her new shiny SG3 I couldn't take it and I bought one ONLY to hold me over until the Maxx HD came out. Turns out the HD Maxx's official release date was announced the next week :-\
Anyways I ended up really liking the SG3 and actually just ordered the Note 2, but that's not what this thread is about. There are a few things I don't like about my SG3 so I decided to go check out the Maxx HD to see if I fell in love with it and would go ahead and buy it. I went to my local Verizon store on the 25th, a full week after the release and I couldn't find the phone on display. The rep told me it was over there so I looked again, nothing. Turns out he didn't know what phone I was talking about and he was pointing me over to the Maxx. So he and his buddy hop on the computer and finally figure out what phone I'm talking about. They say they have some in stock and just stand there. So I asked if they had a display model I could check out since I was interested in buying one, they "think" one of the other reps had one on her desk. So they go in the back for 5 min and come out with a filthy Maxx HD that is not activated or even charged! He handed it to me and i was like WTF am i supposed to do with a dead phone? The phone felt solid and looked pretty good, as good as a phone can look while it's off, but obviously I didn't get to play with it.
I was VERY disappointed in that store. Hopefully I can find another store this weekend that has one on display I can play with.
Where do you live at are you in north dakota,because if you are I don't think they have smart phones yet so that might be the problem.Most of verizion stores workers only have regular phones.

just kidding man call verizions main store and explain the same story.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've seen numerous commercials for the maxx HD. Think it was on ESPN also during a football game.

I went to a corp Verizon store last Wednesday.because I wanted the Maxx HD. But I had waited a week because I was hoping angainst hope that by some miracle they just might happen to have a couple iPhone 5's available too. Thought I might have more clout in getting them to waive the upgrade fees If I was upgrading 3 smartphones, but no iPhones. (Which wasn't altogether unexpected however) I asked about waiving the upgrade fee but was politely turned down. (again, not altogether unexpected)

The girl that helped me with my upgrade, when I asked about how many maxx HD's and how many Razr HD's she had sold, said she had sold 3 Razr HD's but this was her first Maxx HD. I asked why she thought this was and she said she thought it was the price, $199 vs $299. I didn't ask how many the store had sold, just her personally.

Still hoping to get the 2 iPhone 5's before Christmas as Christmas presents for my wife and daughter.

Patiently waiting for the release of my next upgrade in the Summer of 2014. Should be an awesome smartphone!

Lol, just wondering why u would subject ur wife n daughter to something as horrible as the iPhone? Is it because that's what they want? Just wondering. Haha.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Lol, just wondering why u would subject ur wife n daughter to something as horrible as the iPhone? Is it because that's what they want? Just wondering. Haha.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

Yes they both got iPhones from AT&T years back. At the time we had a family plan with Verizon but they left me high and dry. Then when Verizon got the iPhone, (Feb of 2011, I think) They both came back to Verizon for the iPhone 4's. They're both hooked on their Apple iPhones, so I just roll with it. So now we have a family plan again. I upgraded my trusty "X" for the Maxx HD last week, so now we've got a family share plan. Actually saved us about $12 a month on our bill cuz we only use about 2GB's per month between the 3 of us. We switched from $90 per month with unlimited data to $70 per month for the 4GB shared data plan.

They both have upgrades available as of Oct. 15th, but like I said, they were out of stock in the store. So, I'll just wait, I'm sure they'll be in stock for Christmas. But just today, my wife was saying that she might prefer an iPad and just keep her iPhone 4. So we'll see. :)

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes they both got iPhones from AT&T years back. At the time we had a family plan with Verizon but they left me high and dry. Then when Verizon got the iPhone, (Feb of 2011, I think) They both came back to Verizon for the iPhone 4's. They're both hooked on their Apple iPhones, so I just roll with it. So now we have a family plan again. I upgraded my trusty "X" for the Maxx HD last week, so now we've got a family share plan. Actually saved us about $12 a month on our bill cuz we only use about 2GB's per month between the 3 of us. We switched from $90 per month with unlimited data to $70 per month for the 4GB shared data plan.

They both have upgrades available as of Oct. 15th, but like I said, they were out of stock in the store. So, I'll just wait, I'm sure they'll be in stock for Christmas. But just today, my wife was saying that she might prefer an iPad and just keep her iPhone 4. So we'll see. :)

Ick. I just hate apple. Does she know how u can customize everything on android? U can't do squat on Apple.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Where do you live at are you in north dakota,because if you are I don't think they have smart phones yet so that might be the problem.Most of verizion stores workers only have regular phones.

just kidding man call verizions main store and explain the same story.
LOL, I'm in DFW.
Make sure you go to a corporate store they have all the Droids in one place.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Yeah, it was a corporate store.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
sounds like you just got two knuckleheads. my store actually had the display out the day before, and I got to actually hold and play with one that had been charged on the 17th...without that stupid thingy that holds it to the display. it's so nice, lighter than my Tbolt, but still a very sturdy feel to it.

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ick. I just hate apple. Does she know how u can customize everything on android? U can't do squat on Apple.

Yeah, she knows but doesn't want to. I used to tell her but gave up years ago. Heck, you know Apple people, right.

My daughters is in college in Sacramento and all collegians have apple stuff. Macbooks, Macbook pros, and iPhones and iPads. Oh yes, iPods too. Haha! :cool:

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What's the consensus on this? The Verizon Rep sold me on it. I agree mostly because the unit is pricey. So is it worth it? Or is it a waste of money in the long run?

$7.99 x 24 months = $191.76 + 1 approved claim ($89) = $280.76

Is this something worth having say the first 3 or 6 months and then dropping it? I keep thinking "sucker bet"... you know, the Black Jack insurance. Heh!

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Does Verizon Wireless offer Total Equipment Coverage against lost/stolen/damaged and malfunctioning equipment?

Yes, Total Equipment Coverage offers complete protection for your wireless equipment. It combines the benefits of Asurion?s Wireless Phone Protection with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program. If your device or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason-lost, stolen, accidentally damaged, or malfunctioning-you are covered. Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll in Total Equipment Coverage within 30 days of new account activation with new equipment or an upgrade with new equipment purchase.

* Phones*
o $5.99 per month per covered phone.
o $39 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
* Advanced Devices*
o $7.99 per month per covered device.
o $89 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.

* For a list of equipment in the Phones and Advanced Devices programs, please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881-2622.

*Effective 5/17/2009, with all new device activations and new device upgrades. Until you upgrade to a new device, the existing monthly fee and deductibles remain in effect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yeah I know. They give the high school kids iPads which is ridiculous cuz most ppl can't afford apple anything. I think they should give them android tablets since most everything runs on it.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't supposed to post there. @dirkbonn that comment was meant for you, but won't let me quote ur post, instead it goes to the one below yours.

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
That wasn't supposed to post there. @dirkbonn that comment was meant for you, but won't let me quote ur post, instead it goes to the one below yours.

Yeah, when I read your answer to Chocobillys post, it didn't seam to go with it. It sounded like a reply to my post. I had to go back and check names on our previous posts to be sure. But yes, you are correct.

Still having a wonderful time with my new Razr Maxx HD!

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why don't you guys order them from verizon on the phone or on line. For the past 8 years at least, that's how I've always done it and usually the first day a new phone is available. Shipped fed ex and have it 2 days later.
I just personally can't stand going to their stores and I've frequently been able to have my activation fee waived mainly because I've had at least 3-5 lines on my account and been a customer for so long.

They've always treated me much better over the phone than in the stores

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I recommend not even getting it from Verizon. Look at Costco, usually cheaper and they have a 90 day return policy! Even if your phone is defective you just take it back, they will return it and then let you rebuy a brand new one. I got my Droid x for 50 bucks when it was still 150 at Verizon.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I recommend not even getting it from Verizon. Look at Costco, usually cheaper and they have a 90 day return policy! Even if your phone is defective you just take it back, they will return it and then let you rebuy a brand new one. I got my Droid x for 50 bucks when it was still 150 at Verizon.

totally agreed. I only go into the Verizon store when it's absolutely necessary. Verizon stores do not price match, and I bought my Tbolts for $50.00 each last November when verizon stores still had it for $199.00, and they told me they don't worry about price matching. That was from Best Buy, BTW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX