What are the chances of the Razr HD line getting 4.2 when released "before year end"??

mjoforiam1

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this is why they delayed JB on launch? Maybe they knew 4.2 was very close to implementation? Am I dreaming? I'm hoping we get 4.2 since were promised the upgrade before year end and they should be able to add it in. Is that asking for too much?

vlkers7171

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was actually hoping for the same thing. Knowing verizon I'm not going to hold my breath. But with it being a top tier phone theyre going to try to push for the holidays..maybe we'll it?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just hope for the best. All you can do. I was in belief that the HD was shipping with 4.1. I was surprised to see 4.0.4 when I looked. I'm still very happy with ICS. Its worlds better than gingerbread ever was. It's always nice to be on the latest release though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this is why they delayed JB on launch? Maybe they knew 4.2 was very close to implementation? Am I dreaming? I'm hoping we get 4.2 since were promised the upgrade before year end and they should be able to add it in. Is that asking for too much?

Not a chance, but you are thinking the way I think phone manufacturers should think. Instead of trying to upgrade every 0.1 upgrade, they should probably try to upgrade every 0.2, and use their resources accordingly. This way they're not working on upgrading every single phone all the time.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
, what will be the big upgrade from what we have now to jelly bean if you're not using anything but stock

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Here's a link to the Motorola website that has a chart showing the upgrade schedule for all Motorola phones. (since it's the motorola website it is somewhat official)

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

The USA version of the Razr Maxx HD is scheduled to get Jelly Bean "before 2013". (Motorolas words) The webpage was updated on Oct 31st, 2012. But there is also a disclaimer that says "all dates and status are subject to change."

My general feeling is that the Maxx HD will also get 4.2 sometime in the first half of 2013. (Just a guess though)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674