anyone have any problems with the metal band around the phone?

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing with the phone in the store, and the metal band looks kinda cool, but I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it coming loose or getting misaligned or anything like that - it looks like a separate piece of material that might cause issues down the road.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No problems so far. The annoying part is the SD/SIM card slot. I can't get it to go back in evenly, so it's depressed on one end into the phone a bit. All still works though, and nothing sticks out.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No problems so far. The annoying part is the SD/SIM card slot. I can't get it to go back in evenly, so it's depressed on one end into the phone a bit. All still works though, and nothing sticks out.
Are you sure you've installed your sd card correctly? With the phone off and the sim holder removed, insert the sd card into the phone and press on its edge until it clicks. The little "special tool" has a flat back edge designed for seating the card but you can just use a fingernail. Do NOT just set it in the carrier like the sim card and install the carrier. If the sd card is not properly seated it can be damaged by intermittent contact. It will also prevent the carrier from setting flush.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a real problem day 1 with the sd/sim slot. One side went on farther than the other and eventually the top side popped out. This disconnected my SD card and fried it. I learned that you have to insert it straight and push with your finger nail right in the middle by the little hole. You'll know if its in flush because both top and bottom will be flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a real problem day 1 with the sd/sim slot. One side went on farther than the other and eventually the top side popped out. This disconnected my SD card and fried it. I learned that you have to insert it straight and push with your finger nail right in the middle by the little hole. You'll know if its in flush because both top and bottom will be flush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was lucky. I noticed my phone reloading my sd card for no reason and figured out it wasn't seated properly. No frying.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky. I noticed my phone reloading my sd card for no reason and figured out it wasn't seated properly. No frying.

I saw the message but it was too late. It gave me a reason to upgrade to a class 10 card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I pushed in the sd card but it never clicked. Doesn't seem to be an issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the carrier/holder on my phone was not flush and in reading the User's Guide (I know, sounds dumb) found it is recommended to use the "special tool" to push in the SD card to insure it is seated. Now my carrier/holder is flush and won't get caught on something and damaged.
As far as the metal band around the phone, I don't anticipate any problems as it is nicely recessed and does not seem to be flimsy.

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure if the "bands" around the phone are truely bands or are they possibly part of the frame of the phone? I searched the internet for a teareown video of the Maxx HD but couldn't find one. If you look at the "bands" they don't appear to be a band that goes around the phone. It seams to be multiple sections when I look closely at mine. I don't have the guts to remove the two screws at the bottom to take apart my phone to check.

Just my thoughts and obsevations. :)