I know how to set the alarm ringer. What I want to do is add some custom ringers to the file that are louder, but I can't find where they are in my phone.

I did find the phone call ringtones and added about a dozen custom ringers there so that I can tell who's calling by the incoming call ringtone. For example, when my daughter calls who is going to college in California calls, I have the song by the Beach Boys "California Girls" play.

But I'd like a louder alarm ringer instead of the "anemic" ringers they have pre-installed.

Any assistatance will be much appreciated.
    11-03-2012 10:58 AM
    there's a folder called "Alarms" where you can place additional ring tones to be used as alarm tones. you can use any file-manager app to place your ring tones in there, connect your phone to a PC to copy them over or use an app like Zedge to download additional alarms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    dirkbonn likes this.
    11-03-2012 11:26 AM
    there's a folder called "Alarms" where you can place additional ring tones to be used as alarm tones. you can use any file-manager app to place your ring tones in there, connect your phone to a PC to copy them over or use an app like Zedge to download additional alarms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I saw that folder but there was nothing in it so I dismissed that as a possibility. I want to thank you very much for the quick reply. Now that I think about it, what you say sounds extremely logical.

Just fyi, I plan on using "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" cuz it's loud and worked very well for me on my "X".

Thanks again.
    11-03-2012 06:47 PM
    Worked like a dream. I bet I looked for an answer to my question yesterday for at least an hour and a half if not more.

Now I'm just patiently waiting for the release of my next smartphone sometime in the Summer of 2014!
    11-03-2012 07:05 PM
    I can't even find that folder on the phone...internal storage...sd card...connecting to my PC as a media device or mass storage device....nada....I even did a search for "clock", "alarm" and "alarms" "alert" (with explorer) and it took a long time and found absolutely nothing of the sort.

I have thought many times of just make a new folder, naming it "Alarms" and putting some files in there, but I doubt it would show up in the list of alarms after disconnecting this device from my PC.
    Just trying to figure out this phone after switching to it. (it's a great hand-me-down from the original Droid I was using. lol)

I'd rather not download an app that gives me stuff I don't want for ringtones...or a ringtone chopper that creates really low quality versions of what I have been able to just select with the original Droid.

I've been looking on and off for a couple of days and this "Alarms" folder solution seems to be a very common answer. But I can't even find a crucial factor in this simple equation.
    If anyone could help me out, that would be great, thanks.
    05-02-2014 02:58 PM
    Just create a folder and name it alarms and you will be good to go.
    02-02-2015 07:36 PM