I like the keyboard - is this the stock ICS keyboard?

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
While playing with RAZR MAXX HD in the store, I found I liked the keyboard a lot. The keys seemed larger - maybe more square? - than the keyboards on the custom Android versions running on the Galaxy S3 and One X. Even though there's less useable screen space on this phone, typing accurately seemed easier for some reason. Is that because it's the stock ICS keyboard? Or am I just imagining that this keyboard is easier to use than the ones on the other phones?

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it is a Motorola Keyboard and I agree it is pretty nice. I noted the same thing while setting up my phone..but SwiftKey is simply the best to me so I use that as my default.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think it is a Motorola Keyboard and I agree it is pretty nice. I noted the same thing while setting up my phone..but SwiftKey is simply the best to me so I use that as my default.

I don't use swiftkey because I really don't want my phone suggesting words to me. I want to my word choices to be my own spontaneous decisions.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
You can always download the ICS keyboard from gplay. Since this is the moto ICS keyboard you can give that a shot if you aren't too happy with stock

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You can always download the ICS keyboard from gplay. Since this is the moto ICS keyboard you can give that a shot if you aren't too happy with stock

The keyboard on the display model was great - that must be the moto keyboard then. Motorola really did a good job with the software on this thing, that's one aspect that draws me to it. I like the way they handled quick settings, the keyboard, circles widget, etc.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I like SwiftKey. I came from the worst keyboard ever in the iPhone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The thing I don't like about swiftkey is that the mic button takes you to the SK mic and not the ICS mic which types as you speak and not in one big chuck at the end. Otherwise I loved SwiftKey

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
The keyboard on the display model was great - that must be the moto keyboard then. Motorola really did a good job with the software on this thing, that's one aspect that draws me to it. I like the way they handled quick settings, the keyboard, circles widget, etc.

I'm impressed as well. I despised Motorola. I had a RAZR m and liked it. I had to sell it cuz I needed the $. Then I got a maxx. It was awesome. Then I was lucky and got a maxx HD. All 3 phones have superior build quality. Hardware and software.

Bob-B

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
While playing with RAZR MAXX HD in the store, I found I liked the keyboard a lot. The keys seemed larger - maybe more square? - than the keyboards on the custom Android versions running on the Galaxy S3 and One X. Even though there's less useable screen space on this phone, typing accurately seemed easier for some
reason. Is that because it's the stock ICS keyboard? Or am I just imagining that this keyboard is easier to use than the ones on the other phones?

Speaking of keyboards, the Razr HD also has Swype built onto it as a second keyboard. Swype is a keyboard you will love or hate. I love it and have used it for years.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I also don't like on SwiftKey that you have to long press to get to the mic compared to just a simple short press on the stock keyboard.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of keyboards, the Razr HD also has Swype built onto it as a second keyboard. Swype is a keyboard you will love or hate. I love it and have used it for years.

I love the ease of use of it, but hate how inaccurate it can be. At least with typing I know that my words will come out fairly close to what I intended

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton