Skype on Verizon

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Never used Skype but seriously considering with my new Razr Maxx HD. In reading the Skype reviews I see a lot of problems. So I thought I'd just ask if the Verizon Razr HD users have had issues with this model and Skype.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
There is a skype app that comes with the phone that everyone says is horrible, so I uninstalled it. I then installed the official skype app but for some reason, when I video chat with someone on a computer from my phone, I can't see them and they cannot see me. Yet audio works fine. Does anyone know how to fix this?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on Skype and went with Tango. Works great cross platforms, has in call graphics, video message and best of all works so smooth every time.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
There is one on the Razr HD? What's it called? I can't find one.

The one that comes with the phone is called something like "Skype for Verizon" or has verizon incorporated into the name some how. Instant uninstall. If you want the real app made by skype, just go to the google app store and search skype.

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Never used Skype but seriously considering with my new Razr Maxx HD. In reading the Skype reviews I see a lot of problems. So I thought I'd just ask if the Verizon Razr HD users have had issues with this model and Skype.

I was wondering the same thing. Actually, which would be better. The Verizon branded skype or the generic android skype?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to Skype with someone in China, and the video has been working but not the sound. Google Talk works though.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the problem with video chatting from your phone to someone who is on a computer has been fixed with Jelly Bean? Before the video would not show up, just the audio.

Last edited: