Camera bug "Switch to HDR to capture better images" spam message

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have my camera set to "Single shot" mode. Every time I open up the camera application, the informative message box "Switch to HDR to capture better images" keeps popping up for a split second, hides, then pops up again. If I switch to HDR it stops. Has anyone run into this problem? Or if you haven't. Does anyone know a fix that might work? I'm open for all ideas!!!

Also, is there a way to turn off those informative messages?

Last edited:

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not just you. I am wondering about this as well. I wish there was a setting that would leave the setting on HDR.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
So it's not just me. Have you tried a different camera app? This is my second phone and this did not happen on my first.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So it's not just me. Have you tried a different camera app? This is my second phone and this did not happen on my first.
I did, but do not remember which app it was. However, the day after installing it, I started experiencing reboots. I'm staying away from 3rd party camera apps. I hope Jelly Bean fixes the camera issues.

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That is quite annoying. The problem with 3rd party cam apps though is I haven't found one that lets me turn off the shutter sound (without rooting).

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the HDR pop up too but I haven't seen it for maybe a week or so. I haven't changed any settings either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

The scenario I'm describing is a popup that appears for a second, very glitchy, and then goes away. Then it happens again a few seconds later. This is my 2nd Maxx HD and on the first one, the popup did what it was supposed to do. On the phone I have now, it's just really glitchy and won't stop popping up.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think the camera app overall is not good. No way to set picture size other than wide screen or regular (6 or 8mp). The HDR thing is indeed annoying. Shutter takes FOREVER compared to my GNex. Annoying HDR popup. Give me a way to leave it at HDR then.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So you did have the problem of the message popping up non stop?

Yea I did. Thing is.....I dont even know if it stopped with JB or its because I did a factory reset, data wipe before installing the JB leak...or it might have went away on I was on while on ICS....lol I really dont know.

What does HDR do when taking pictures?

Its supposed to make pics sharper, better. But in reality....I dont think the HDR software is that good. Most pics I seen, it makes it blurry.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea I did. Thing is.....I dont even know if it stopped with JB or its because I did a factory reset, data wipe before installing the JB leak...or it might have went away on I was on while on ICS....lol I really dont know.

So your suggesting a reset it Jellybean doesn't fix it yeah?

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the camera app overall is not good. No way to set picture size other than wide screen or regular (6 or 8mp). The HDR thing is indeed annoying. Shutter takes FOREVER compared to my GNex. Annoying HDR popup. Give me a way to leave it at HDR then.

Yeah, but the GNex camera was horrendous. I'll wait a couple tenths of a second. I returned a GNex because of the camera.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes I mean picture quality. What else could I mean?

I dunno. Just wanted to make sure. I would take the gnex camera and its app over the razr cam and its app. Neither seems to be great in low light. I'd take the much better app over the slightly better camera. YMMV though.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I turned the shutter sound off without rooting.

On the stock camera app you mean? Yea, that's easy enough. Although again on the gnex app, I like the idea that you can turn it down or up with the volume rocker. On this one with the sound off I never quite know when it took the picture.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this problem sometimes to. Today at one point the HDR thing popped up, and I tried to switch it to HDR, but the message kept popping up and taking me out of the menu before I could press the HDR button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol