Access Point Names

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Should any of the two listed APNs be checked off in settings? On my phone neither are checked off and I've had to do the airplane mode on-off trick a few times to get my data working.

Also, my Network Mode is Global. Is that right?

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Really? 159 people view this thread, and not one of them can take the ten seconds to see if my apn settings are the same as theirs?

Settings - More - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have two APNs in my settings and both are active. My network mode is set to LTE/CDMA.

If you're not roaming outside the US I can't see any need to have global enabled, however I also don't see why that would cause any issues.

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have two APNs in my settings and both are active. My network mode is set to LTE/CDMA.

If you're not roaming outside the US I can't see any need to have global enabled, however I also don't see why that would cause any issues.

Oh and by active I mean if you tap one of the APNs and scroll to the bottom you will and line that says 'active'.

From the main APN neither of mine have the radio button enabled. I haven't touched these settings so these are the defaults.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I dont even know what they are or what the settings are all about . Mine has the VZW Internet checked. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I tried Google but I dont unterstand exactely what they are and what the different settings are for.

I have also had an issue between 3g/4g and have to use airplane mode quite a bit.

Last edited:

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh and by active I mean if you tap one of the APNs and scroll to the bottom you will and line that says 'active'.

From the main APN neither of mine have the radio button enabled. I haven't touched these settings so these are the defaults.

Thanks. Today my VZWINTERNET radio button is enabled and both APNs are enabled when I click into them. Still on global though, which is what it was when I got it.

Yesterday and more frequently my email (stock email client) has only been syncing intermittently, even though I have it set to push. My wife who has an iphone, jokes that the honeymoon period is over. I had been singing the praises of this phone, just like all my others, but something basic like this always seems to go wrong.