WiFi on/off app

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Ok, so with my Thunderbolt I used the Y5 app so that when I'm at home (or a certain lcoation I set on the app) it turns my WiFi on and then when I leave home it turns the WiFi back off for me. Now that I have my Maxx HD, I decided to use the Smart Actions app to do this. The only problem is Smart Actions doesn't then tunr the WiFi back off when I leave home and I want the WiFi off. I have a bad memory and always forget to turn it off. So I installed Y5 on my Maxx HD, my wife's Maxx, and my daughter's Razr M. Well it doesn't play well with our phones. I left home today and checked it and it doesn't want to turn my WiFi off and keeps giving the "wifi networks available" warning at the top of the screen even though i already have my router in the Y5 saved location. Can anyone recommend a really good WiFi on/off app for our three phones?

Thanks

<EDIT> I forgot to mention that I did remove the WiFi Smart Action so that there isn't a conflict between the two.

P.S. i did a search and couldn't find anything about this on here yet. If i missed it, I appologize.

Last edited:

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Auto Wifi Toggle. It periodically enables wifi and if it doesn't find an access point it will turn it back off. Also if it detects no wifi connection it will turn off wifi. It is all customizable for how often you want it to check and how long to wait if it loses the connection.

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called Setting Profiles. It uses cell towers to identify your location. I believe the Smart Actions uses WiFi to determine location and has issues if it turns it off. I do use Smart Actions to turn on GPS automagically when docked in the car dock. Setting Profiles and my dock app won't do that.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Actually my Smart Actions for WiFi at home is based GPS location because the action had me add my home location using a map. It works the same as the Setting Profiles Lite does according to the description on Google Play..."* Conditions for Time, Day, Location GPS, Battery, Calendar, Incoming Call, Missed Call, Headset, Car/Desk Dock, BT device"
Now my WIFI Power Saver app detects when I have been disconnected for 1 minute and turns my WIFI off automatically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34