Stock Email Client Not Syncing Consistently

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone who had this "push" problem using the stock e-mail app and Exchange seen an improvement with the JB rollout?

I think it's still a little early to judge since I've only had the update about 24 hours, but so far so good. I've haven't noticed any syncing issues yet.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it's still a little early to judge since I've only had the update about 24 hours, but so far so good. I've haven't noticed any syncing issues yet.

Same here, had the update since Monday and no issues, but I've rebooted or restarted my phone at least once a day, which was always the fix when it wouldn't sync. So still too early to know for sure.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Same here, had the update since Monday and no issues, but I've rebooted or restarted my phone at least once a day, which was always the fix when it wouldn't sync. So still too early to know for sure.

Can you let us know the outcome once you've tested more?

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Regarding my issue with my Yahoo mail - there's a new Yahoo mail client that Yahoo just released, and it seems to work great. Mail comes in right away, and it is functionally similar to the Gmail app. It doesn't seem to have ads either. It also gives you a purple notification light for Yahoo emails, which is cool if Yahoo is your main account.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with my AOL account not syncing all the time on the stock email client. Ended up switching to K9 and it is working perfectly now.

mcrichmond

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the Maxx HD this weekend and the stock e-mail app has had no problem syncing with my company's Exchange account. I have the app set to "push" and e-mails show up in my inbox almost immediately.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Upon further review, the Yahoo email app doesn't appear to consistently push email the phone. It did at first, but it stopped. Too bad, the UI is nice. Maybe a future update will fix it.

TigerHawk33

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am still having this issue. I am tired of manually updating. I came from blackberry and exchange sync was seamless. Not impressed with android so far. Could care less about apps etc. I want my email to work right. I may be looking at BB again when the new os comes out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
To update, I still am not having any sync issues like I did with ICS. So comfortable now that I even uninstalled Touchdown, which I was using as a backup in case the stock email client didn't sync.

Lord Vadger

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll add that I got the Maxx HD last week and shortly after upgraded to Jelly Bean. I have not had a single issue with the email syncing with the stock email manager (setup via the "Corporate Account" settings). My account is an Exchange account and both my mail and calendar update via push with no problem. I should add that I did delete all of my message filtering rules via my laptop before setting it up, mostly because they were old and unneeded but also because I thought they could be a potential source of trouble.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to have this problem again. Had to install Touchdown as a backup to make sure I don't miss anything.

Lord Vadger

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys making sure you have background sync enabled all the time, for both mobile data connection and wifi? And you're not turning mobile data off (or losing mobile data signal) and letting wifi turn off when the phone's asleep?

TigerHawk33

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I must admit that the need to continually manually sync my email with exchange has made me regret purchasing this phone. This is my first android phone and I am not a fan. I may be going back to blackberry when their new platform comes out at the end of the month. This is very aggravating.

TigerHawk33

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on exchange 2010 so I understand it will not work. I do appreciate the suggestion though. I use my phone mainly for email and the way android handles it is not acceptable.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm exchange 2003. Why would you not try it? There are other options like K9, etc. Search for email in the play store. What type of account ate you trying to sync?

TigerHawk33

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am trying Touchdown now but it seems strange that I am running duplicative systems and that I am paying for a program to make basic email and other sync items to work.

I do appreciate the help and advice. I will keep trying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois