RAZR HD Lag?

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the RAZR MAXX to the RAZR MAXX HD and immediately rooted it and installed the Jelly Bean leak. I've noticed the device seems quite laggy in a way my original RAZR MAXX never did.

Obviously this seems odd as the HD should be much faster with its hardware and Jelly Bean. I've already tried a cache wipe and it didn't help.

Anyone else notice this?

colforbin

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the RAZR MAXX to the RAZR MAXX HD and immediately rooted it and installed the Jelly Bean leak. I've noticed the device seems quite laggy in a way my original RAZR MAXX never did.

Obviously this seems odd as the HD should be much faster with its hardware and Jelly Bean. I've already tried a cache wipe and it didn't help.

Anyone else notice this?

Was wondering about this myself. Just got the HD over the weekend and the geek in me is dying to try the leak since I've really been enjoying the JB improvements on my Xoom. Love Google Now but I think it will be a ton more useful on a phone. Not sure I am going to feel like dealing with flashing back to stock right away if the leak has problems but I haven't seen much info about whether the leak has issues and I've checked several forums.

Lord Vadger

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else notice this?

Have you tried clearing the cache? Some users in the Razr Maxx forum said it helped speed things up after upgrading to ICS: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/212407-how-clear-your-cache-stock.html

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You know you didn't have to root to apply the leak right? I thought you had to but apparently not. I didn't root and I'm running JB. :)

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I had some pretty bad lag developing over a few days on stock ICS. I left it alone to see if the OS itself managed the lag out on its own but it got really annoying...only got back to normal after a couple of reboots. I was also running phase beam live wallpaper during that time and that was really about all I changed on my phone. I know jb may be different but are you guys running live wallpapers?

Any improvement after reboots? I'm gonna run a live wallpaper again and see what happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD