Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update hits week of Dec. 2

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info I have installed root keeper on my phone as well so let's hope all goes well.

Sent From my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

There are steps I have read about...updating binaries, temp unroot, etc. I believe there is a step by step process spelled out in another forum.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to decline the update when it pushes? And if so and I decide at a later date can I get it then?

S Mell

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe soak will be this weekend? But usually they give a notice before hand...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, if this already happened I'm a bit miffed that I didn't get the invite. I have been a loyal and frequent tester on three updates on two different devices prior.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if this already happened I'm a bit miffed that I didn't get the invite. I have been a loyal and frequent tester on three updates on two different devices prior.

I figured it would be over the past weekend and I was not chosen either. I have been participated previously also.

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the statement was misinterpreted, I got an email last night that from Motorola saying this:

Hello,

Thanks for signing up for the Droid RAZR HD and RAZR Maxx HD software test. The software should be pushed to your phone early tomorrow, and we're now opening the private community for your comments.

Your input is very important to us. To ensure we hear you, please follow these guidelines:
?Please post all your feedback in our private community (link below). This also where you'll find help during the soak.
?Please do not call or contact Motorola or Verizon support for help during the soak. Those teams are not yet ready to support this software.
?I'm not able to check private messages on the forums during soaks, so if you need immediate help that's not a good route to take.
?If you have any problems accessing the private community, please click here for help. If that does not help, reply back to this email with details of your problems logging in.

Please start your visit to the private community here. You'll find additional important information in the Welcome message as soon as you sign in.

Thanks so much for your participation! We really appreciate your time and insights.

And this morning I received the update that has a build date of November 3, and the build number is 9.8.1Q_39

shadofall

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Lol I got I "new updates available" notification but it turned out to be just a gmail update. I was disappointed.

you wont see a new updates avalible. you'll get a great big box on the screen saying it will start downloading shortly with a timer counting down to auto start. if you miss that next time you power on the screen you get a big update ready to install, continue?

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
you wont see a new updates avalible. you'll get a great big box on the screen saying it will start downloading shortly with a timer counting down to auto start. if you miss that next time you power on the screen you get a big update ready to install, continue?

Good to know. I've been checking the "system updates" lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn