Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update hits week of Dec. 2

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So the soak test did happen? Because I was invited but never got it and read more people were invited just the 28th.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Plus, Verizon's promising better voice and data connectivity, along with some other bugfixes.

This sounds promising. I've had a few hiccups here and there. Maybe this will smooth the experience out.

Lord Vadger

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this explains the 2-3 week backorder at Amazon... will the new batches be shipping with Jelly Bean out of the box, or will they still be with ICS requiring the user to update it?

Edit: Nevermind, I see they're in stock again. Still, will they ship future phones with JB out of the box?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So if I'm not rooted, but did install the leak, will my phone still be notified of the update and I'll be able to download and install it OTA?

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So if I'm not rooted, but did install the leak, will my phone still be notified of the update and I'll be able to download and install it OTA?

No, you will only get the push if you are on the stock version. You will not be able to install the OTA over the leak.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So the soak test did happen? Because I was invited but never got it and read more people were invited just the 28th.

Typically the soaks occur over a weekend, and then the OTA begins early the following week. It may still happen this weekend.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe soak will be this weekend? But usually they give a notice before hand...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No, you will only get the push if you are on the stock version. You will not be able to install the OTA over the leak.

I did this also. So can I install the official update manually like I did with the leak and be set?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

rolo99

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Warning...and I'm not sure if this applies to our phones, but when I had a rooted Thunderbolt with various flashed ROMs, I had to add something so it wouldn't auto-update when one was pushed through. OTA updates on rooted TB's would tend to brick the phone.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I did this also. So can I install the official update manually like I did with the leak and be set?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The update is designed to install over a specific version. They are named for the version they are installing over not the new version. The JB 9.1.41 is designed to install over the 0.7.2 current stock version. I believe you would have to return to 0.7.2 in order to install 9.1.41.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Root alone should not prevent install, but you will lose root if you don't take the necessary precaution steps. I have read about the process, so the info is out there.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Root alone should not prevent install, but you will lose root if you don't take the necessary precaution steps. I have read about the process, so the info is out there.

Thanks for the info I have installed root keeper on my phone as well so let's hope all goes well.

Sent From my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12