Has Anyone got the JB upgrade?

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
you can put ICS back on your phone. Just look around for the instructions. I cant confirm or deny either, but I actually prefer the JB update. Phone runs nice now.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You really see the phone running more smoothly? In what respects? My home screen re-renders much more frequently, I've had freezes when I've never had freezes before, and my favorite third party apps don't work as well as they used to. I had zero issues with ICS other than with the stock email app pulling in emails, but that was a rare issue.

I'm happy that you're happy, but it's strange that we have such different reactions. What benefits are you seeing? What's working better now? Is nothing worse?

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
It has been silky smooth. I read notes that indicated that the 1st day or so after the upgrade would have worse battery life, mainly due to the background tasks running post upgrade, but a 1 time thing only. Maybe I have fewer added apps than you. I have may 30+ added, no problems with any of them so far. Been on the upgrade for almost 3 days now, so thats hardly any time to fully test everything. I am rooted, and other than running TB, and freezing the bloatware, no other root modifications. I do not use any other launcher's either. Wifi seems to hold connection much better, used to disconnect often.

Didnt like the fact that there was more amazon bloat-ware added, but that has been remedied. :)

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree totally. After the update I rebooted. Had a few issues, nothing major and rebooted again. Everything's worked fine and much better than it did on ICS.

I'm not rooted. Running a few apps but mostly bummed about foxfi.

Sent from myRT's Maxx HD

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
According to Verizon Tech, they roll out the updates in stages to what they call Primary and secondary markets etc. 1st being NY, LA, SF and secondary markets like Orlando (where i live) will start today thru next Thursday. As i type (midnight EST Dec 6) the download just hit my new MAXX HD and is downloading about 248MB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol