Has Anyone got the JB upgrade?

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't here yet. It's slowly rolling out all week so I figure within the next few days it should push through.

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Not yet, but hopefully soon.

868159f8-974e-490a-aab9-06e63377f3eb.jpg

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Not I. I read it drains battery and adds nothing?

I haven't noticed a battery drain at all honestly. It actually ads quite a bit. Much smoother. My reception is better. Google now and the Google now cards are awesome. Lost foxfi which sucks but what cha gonna do.

I wouldn't go back to ICS the bean rocks

Sent from myRT's Maxx HD

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed a battery drain at all honestly. It actually ads quite a bit. Much smoother. My reception is better. Google now and the Google now cards are awesome. Lost foxfi which sucks but what cha gonna do.

I wouldn't go back to ICS the bean rocks

Sent from myRT's Maxx HD

Did you factory reset before/after you took the update? Trying to decide if that's something I should do. I had a few issues with my regular RAZR going from GB to ICS.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I would love to go back to ICS. Light Flow doesn't work anymore, PocketCasts stutters playing back fully downloaded podcasts, and I've had three freezes in the last 24 hours. I see no benefits that even come close to outweighing these downsides. People also report that the Amazon app store is completely unstable and that battery life is worse. I'm not sure about the battery life yet.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I would love to go back to ICS. Light Flow doesn't work anymore, PocketCasts stutters playing back fully downloaded podcasts, and I've had three freezes in the last 24 hours. I see no benefits that even come close to outweighing these downsides. People also report that the Amazon app store is completely unstable and that battery life is worse. I'm not sure about the battery life yet.

I would suggest that your apps are just not updated to work well with JB. Something many developers have to do when the OS changes. Contact the developer. Hopefully, it really isn't a OS bug.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you factory reset before/after you took the update? Trying to decide if that's something I should do. I had a few issues with my regular RAZR going from GB to ICS.

No I didn't. I did a quick reboot but that's it. I love jelly bean.

Sent from myRT's Maxx HD

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest that your apps are just not updated to work well with JB. Something many developers have to do when the OS changes. Contact the developer. Hopefully, it really isn't a OS bug.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

I appreciate your optimism but I see no benefits to this update. Everything was great with ICS. I want to go back.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Reminder: these updates happen in phases. On some days during the roll-out, the update will be pushed randomly to various devices. There is no need to check for updates. At the end of the "push" period, the update will be available for "pull" for all devices. The "push" period usually lasts about one week.

Check in on Motorola's Official Blog page, like Motorola on Facebook, or follow Motorola on Twitter to be updated when "pull" becomes available. Or just keep an eye on Android Central's main blog page as they'll probably do a follow-up story when "pull" is available.

Your location or when you bought your phone is irrelevant. There is no need to post "I'm in [insert city here] and still haven't received the update" or "I bought my phone on [insert date here] and I just got the update!".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy