Has Anyone got the JB upgrade?

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I received the update notification overnight. I'm going to just keep dismissing it since there have been people saying there are issues. I'm happy with ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Woke up to it ready to install here in Minneapolis. Install went fine. Haven't played with it much. Noticed the circle widgets are gone from the home screen. Clock is now on the right hand side of screen and has the ultra-modern tech font, similar to GS3's look (which I hate.)

skinny420

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
yesterday I posted that I hadn't received it; this morning it was waiting for me

Had a hiccup w/ Handcent notification. Was notifying me of unread messages that were days old. I had to open each thread and scroll back through old messages to get it to clear. Otherwise it is good ol' Jelly Bean. I came from a Galaxy Nexus where I was running Bugless Beast (JB based ROM).

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Woke up to it ready to install here in Minneapolis. Install went fine. Haven't played with it much. Noticed the circle widgets are gone from the home screen. Clock is now on the right hand side of screen and has the ultra-modern tech font, similar to GS3's look (which I hate.)

Strange. My circle widget is still there and works fine. Even after doing a factory reset after the update, the circles are still there.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Any way you guys could post some screenshots of the visual differences? (ie. the notifications being gray, the contacts being white, etc.)...thanks!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
According to Verizon Tech, they roll out the updates in stages to what they call Primary and secondary markets etc. 1st being NY, LA, SF and secondary markets like Orlando (where i live) will start today thru next Thursday. As i type (midnight EST Dec 6) the download just hit my new MAXX HD and is downloading about 248MB.

That can't be true.

My coworker and his wife both have RAZR MAXX HDs. The update was pushed to her phone yesterday. His phone is still waiting.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Down loaded and havent installed yet. Did you factory reset before you installed?

Nope. Just went for it. I was more concerned over all of the apps I disabled. See the sticky thread for that list. I hate useless crap running in the background.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So actually the signal has improved at my house. The 4g signal now has 4 bars instead of 2-3. I will be traveling later and will see if it solves the issue I was having switching to 3g.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
After about 5hrs of playing with 4.1 I see little difference + or -. However, that might be a bit skewed as I am fairly new to aOS. Of course, the Razr Maxx comes with ICS. The two may not be all that different.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol