What are your first Jelly Bean impressions?

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So now that you've got it, what do you think?

I personally really like it. Its smoother and I can't say enough about Google now. The more you use it, the more relevant the cards are to your daily life. I'm lovin' it.

Sent from myRT's Maxx HD

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted a couple times after installing, including one with power + volume down.

Scrolling through the settings menu seems smoother than ICS, as does scrolling between screens, although swiping to the left to access the quick settings page feels as if it has a slight jerk to it.

I feel as if Chrome scrolls through pages a little smoother now although it could be my imagination.

Also in the category of "could be my imagination": I took a few pictures of a fairly dark room in the early morning, and I felt as if the camera was able to handle the darkness better than before. That could just be in my mind though.

The swipe-up-from-home to access Google Now is neat, although it seems redundant with the google bar that's built into the OS.

The voice questions seem to work fine - tried "where am I?" "what time is it?" and..."Where is FAO Schwartz?" and it worked well.

I haven't gotten any notifications to test the new notifications yet (except for app updates, which don't seem to do anything different unless I'm not doing it right).

The lock-screen clock is on the right side of the phone instead of the left, haha. And it shows the date and alarm there too, which I don't think it did before.

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Since FoxFI nor svtp pro works I now need something to provide me with my much needed hotspot :)

Are you on a Share Everything plan? If so, there's no longer an extra charge for using your phone as a hotspot, so you can use the built-in hotspot. Sure, it doesn't have all the features and whatnot, but it works. :)

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got my upgrade this morning. I haven't noticed too much of a change as far as speed of the phone though I thought it was fine on ICS and I'm not really sensitive to slight lag.

I like the new notification system and Google Now. I like how the navigation buttons change depending on what you are doing. For example, if you are typing a text and want the keyboard to go away the 'back' button turns into a 'down' button. Just subtly cool.

Other aesthetic changes..I wish they would have kept the blue theme in the notification menu. I know the grey is vanilla jelly bean but with the blue theme throughout the phone, I think it looks a little inconsistent. I also preferred the transparent google search bar.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed while scrolling through the contacts, the background in now white. I preferred the black background. :rolleyes:

sent from RAZR HD MAXX

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I agree. I liked the black contact screen better too.

Foxfi no longer working blows. I'm on unlimited still so had to spend the $30 for Verizon's hot spot.

The camera does seem to handle darker situations much better....which is pretty nice.

Sent from myRT's Maxx HD

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really noticed any difference.
Other than my quadrant score shot up to 5130. I don't think it was that high before the update.
On the other hand I haven't had any problems either so far.

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a quick way to activate the 'Sleep' mode? It seems to be gone from the pop-up menu when you hold down the power button.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Are you on a Share Everything plan? If so, there's no longer an extra charge for using your phone as a hotspot, so you can use the built-in hotspot. Sure, it doesn't have all the features and whatnot, but it works. :)

So, I can use the mobile hotspot on my Maxx HD and it doesn't cost anything extra, just takes up data on my Share Everything plan? I did not know that.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
For the "sleep option" Just press your power button. Not long enough for the power off option

Sent from myRT's Maxx HD

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a quick way to activate the 'Sleep' mode? It seems to be gone from the pop-up menu when you hold down the power button.

I would love to know the answer to this one too.

Two small issues I have on top of that. My Amazon Appstore stopped working. I even downloaded and installed again but when I try to run it I get kicked right out. I am hoping Amazon can fix something with an update if its them but I want to make sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

Another issue, when I use smart actions to put my car in vehicle mode there used to be a notification that vehicle mode was activated. This is not the notification that the smart action is on, it was a separate one for just vehicle mode. It was nice because if I had to exit that mode for any reason I could go back into it simply by selecting the notification. Now the notification doesn't appear in JB even thought it worked fine yesterday on ICS.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Second day in a row that Gmail stopped responding while looking at emails. This app also stopped responding. Want to go back to ICS

HDmaxx101

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Overall, I like it. Few minor app issues fixed with reinstall. Amazon Appstore, Lookout, Pulse Reader (Amazon version lost vertical scroll, switched to newer Gplay version all good now). Not liking the white background under Contacts but real minor annoyance. Google Now is cool, creepy but cool. Also happy Adobe Flash still working fine. Battery drain unfounded at this time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't seem to have my speed dials anymore? Anyone else having the issue?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy