Jelly Bean OTA won't install

ndjr13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Rooted, on system version 0.7.2. (un-rooted per OTA Rootkeeper for purposes of update).

The OTA downloads without any issues. When trying to install, the bar fills up roughly a quarter of the way and then the android guy is on his back with the red exclamation point. From there the phone restarts and I get a window that says the system update failed. I've tried 6 or 7 times, and have even done a couple factory resets. I can't figure out what the issue is.

Any suggestions?

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
are you guys by any chance using safestrap, or are you rooted, and have removed what some call the "bloatware" i,.e. the extra apps that get installed? If using safestrap, you may need to remove it. If you removed, froze, deleted bloatware, you need to put it back.

drt777

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had that same problem - because I updated apps in the system because I was rooted. I had to reflash the old OS, root the phone, preserve the root, and allow the system to do two updates - the incremental one that came out a couple weeks ago, and then JB. It's a pain, but it's the only way to get to JB.

I did back up all my apps via Titanium BU and so the reinstall on JB was easy as anything.

k1ng r4t

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
^^Sorry, still learning about flashing and all that, could you be a little more detailed with what you did? Or provide a link to somewhere that does? I have the same problem and it's driving me insane.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish