wipe cache with Jelly bean???

eddiea

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
These instructions on Verizon's site need to be revised a bit because Step 5 is somewhat misleading:
http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=66428

1. Power the device off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up/Down then press the Power button.
3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
5. From the Droid triage screen, [REVISED] simultaneously press Volume Down/Up (you should press and hold Volume Down first THEN press Volume Up while still holding Volume Down because pressing Up first won't work.)
6. Select wipe cache partition then press the Power button (use Volume keys to navigate options).
7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.(use Volume keys to navigate options).

Last edited:

PUBand

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
To wipe the system cache:
1. Power off the phone
2. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down, keep holding them and press and hold Power
3. Once the menu comes on, release the buttons, then press Volume Down once to select Recovery, then press Volume Up (the screen will clear and the robot will appear)
4. Now, press and hold Volume Down, then tap Volume Up (this seems to be more touchy than with ICS)
5. Once the menu appears, press Volume Down repeatedly until you have selected Wipe Cache, then tap Power to select
6. When it has completed, the menu will return to the top and should be on Reboot System, tap Power to select and reboot

Nothing is more frustrating than pressing a "direct dial" shortcut on the home screen and having to wait up to three or more minutes for the phone to finally open the phone app and call. Before my Bionic received JB, I would have to clear the cache every so often to clear out program garbage in order to make it run faster (faster than cold molasses). The utilities that "clear cache" only clear app memory cache, not system cache, that's the difference. After having JB for a few days it started getting slow again. I could not get the second menu to appear to wipe the cache because I was pressing the Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time. ICS didn't seem to care, but JB needs to have Down first, then Up at the same time.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What exactly does wiping the cache do and when is it necessary?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

I'll give you the little answer that I know. Not sure how correct it is, but at least what its done for me. I think of it as de-mucking the phone. It seems to run a little faster after I clear the cache every so often. I was having a problem where my Google Now commands were doing searches instead. I'd say "Navigate to Starbudks" and it would open Chrome and search for Starbucks. It was incredibly annoying. I wiped the cache and it fixed the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers