Dismiss JB Update permanently?

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone aware of a way to dismiss the JB reminder permanently? I'm very happy with ICS and see no reason to make the leap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess I'll just let it nag until I get the courage to root...I love ICS and seeing all of the complaints regarding JB, no thanks.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been paying a ton of attention but things are not that different. People hate change, and things can get messed up, but jb is worthwhile if upgraded right

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

hawkman610

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess I'll just let it nag until I get the courage to root...I love ICS and seeing all of the complaints regarding JB, no thanks.

I believe it will at some point update on its own overnight while you sleep if you don't Root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

hawkman610

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Overall I like the JB update. Just minor things that are annoying me like little differences in colors schemes and the save button moving on setting the alarm. Just little stuff I'll get used to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
So no matter what I do, I'm getting updated? Sounds dumb when I'm happy with the way things are in ICS. Isn't the point of Android to allow the end user to do what they want?

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been paying a ton of attention but things are not that different. People hate change, and things can get messed up, but jb is worthwhile if upgraded right

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

So JB is "not that different" but "worthwhile if upgraded right". Please explain, especially what it means to upgrade "right".

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok the answer is simple. It is not an answer that people like but the the best way to avoid issues with an upgrade.

Go in and do a factory reset
go back in and do the upgrade
do another factory reset
set your phone back up.

Yes it sucks but the first thing that anyone is going to say to you when you have an issue is to do a reset anyway. You can save yourself a few hours of frustration by spending an hour doing it this way.

I say that JB is not that different but worth it is easy. This upgrade is not as wide sweeping as going from Gingerbread to ICS, but the additions in battery savings and "butter" as well as Google Now and a few other options make it worth moving.

I agree that you should be able to dismiss the update if you want, but that isnt the way it is.