Ford Bluetooth music skipping tracks with Jellybean

mike.s

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a 2013 Ford F150 that I play music (pandora, rhapsody, music player, etc) thru Bluetooth from my Razr Maxx HD. It worked flawlessly with ICS. Now with JB it keeps skipping tracks every 10 seconds. It is happening with all my music programs and I can't get thru a complete song. It just keeps skipping to the next track every 10 seconds. But it only happens when I'm in the truck. Anybody else seen this problem?

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll try it out on my way home this evening, never had an issue on ICS either. I just updated the software for SYNC in my vehicle but doubtful that has anything to do with cell phone OS changes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a 2013 Ford F150 that I play music (pandora, rhapsody, music player, etc) thru Bluetooth from my Razr Maxx HD. It worked flawlessly with ICS. Now with JB it keeps skipping tracks every 10 seconds. It is happening with all my music programs and I can't get thru a complete song. It just keeps skipping to the next track every 10 seconds. But it only happens when I'm in the truck. Anybody else seen this problem?

I had this problem with ICS in my 2010 Ford F150 and it was because the phone's WiFi was turned on. It might be worth a try to be sure WiFi is off when you listen to music via bluetooth in your F150.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2009 Taurus and use sync all the time. It's been flawless on ICS but like the other poster I have not used it since the upgrade. Hope it turns out to be nothing or an easy fix. I've come to hate upgrades. They just need leave things alone for awhile and let us enjoy our phones for a while. Geesh.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just tested mine out on the way to lunch, no skipping on Google Play or Pandora.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried turning off my wifi, but it still did it. :(

Bummer. I now have a 2012 Ford F150. I haven't tried to play music via bluetooth since getting my Maxx HD a week ago. I'll try to stream music via bluetooth later today (if I remember...)

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I was able to stream music via Sync and bluetooth with no problems. One annoyance. Got a message in a pop-up window on my phone (paraphrasing)--"Listening to music at high volumes can damage your hearing. Your media volume has been turned down to safe levels."

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Seamed fine last night but I do have a short commute. Try an app call A2DP Volume. It may resolve some of the issues. I do use it.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was able to stream music via Sync and bluetooth with no problems. One annoyance. Got a message in a pop-up window on my phone (paraphrasing)--"Listening to music at high volumes can damage your hearing. Your media volume has been turned down to safe levels."

The Acoustic Warning. I tried to disable it in the Apps settings. Doesn't allow you to. Ridiculous isn't it.

Last edited:

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The Acoustic Warning. I tried to disable in in the Apps settings. Doesn't allow you to. Ridiculous isn't it.

Dumbest feature I think I've seen yet...I'll listen to my music as loudly as I want to, thanks.

TuringLock

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem.

2013 Ford Flex with MyFord Touch
Motorola RAZR HD MAXX

When connected via bluetooth, all streaming audio/music programs such as Pandora, Google Play Music, etc. spontaneously skip tracks every 10 seconds.

Have done every possible troubleshooting step. Reboots, master resets, bluetooth cycling, etc.

Went into recovery and wiped all caches, then did another hard reset via recovery.

The problem persists. This is a serious bug. It makes the phone unusable for me.
Verizon support claims that I am the first person to report the issue. No way.

Ugh! The phone worked fine on ICS before the JB update.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TuringLock

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely wrong.

No, this is not a Jelly Bean problem because my wife's Galaxy Nexus on Verizon running Jelly Bean works absolutely fine with our Ford Flex with MyFord Touch. Both bluetooth calls and music streaming applications including Pandora work perfectly for her, whereas my Verizon crapware infested Droid RAZR HD MAXX is a piece of junk in the car.

This is the last time I purchase a non-Nexus device. OEM bloat and carrier mandated crap is simply intolerable.

mike.s

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Update: For some reason, the problem seems to not be affecting the stock music player anymore, just pandora and rhapsody. I don't know why. Also sometimes turning bluetooth off and back on makes the problem go away for a while with pandora and rhapsody, but the problem keeps coming back.

TuringLock

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
After extensive testing and troubleshooting, the problem has been narrowed down to a bug in the Jelly Bean update that Verizon pushed out a couple weeks ago.

This is a serious problem for owners or prospective owners of either a RAZR HD or RAZR HD MAXX on Verizon because it is unlikely that Verizon will push out another software update/bug fix anytime soon.

So, current owners are out of luck with unreliable and non-functional bluetooth. Prospective owners should look elsewhere and avoid the entire DROID RAZR HD/RAZR HD MAXX series.

Best of luck.

TuringLock

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell us what firmware you're using with your phone and what version of Ford Sync?

Also, what year/model car, and is your system regular Ford Sync or the full MyFord Touch system?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan