Any way to make the camera usable?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
^a broken clock is right twice a day, too.

I normally don't complain over this kind of stuff, but with taking a photo in the same conditions, the RAZR HD yields a WORSE picture than the original RAZR.

The original Razr? As in the flip phone from 2006 or thereabouts? BTW, was your avatar photo taken with your phone? :D

warrusty

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Jelly Bean with the latest version of Camera FV-5. Just snapped the attached photo and am not disappointed. Shot under kitchen ceiling halogen lights with shadows. You shouldn't let the camera performance stop you from buying the Razr HD Maxx.

Attachments

• rootbeers.jpg
    rootbeers.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 35

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Wish I had known about Camera FV-5 before paying for Camera Zoom FX. I'm really not interested in all the effects. FV-5 looks, to me, how a camera should look! If it works better than the onboard camera software I may just have to buy another camera app!

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Jelly Bean with the latest version of Camera FV-5. Just snapped the attached photo and am not disappointed. Shot under kitchen ceiling halogen lights with shadows. You shouldn't let the camera performance stop you from buying the Razr HD Maxx.

My indoor shots don't seem to look that good. I wonder whether I'm doing it wrong, or whether it's that app you mentioned.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

This app looks very interesting. Lots of controls right there on the screen. Did you buy the paid app, or are you using the free one? What is the difference between them (if you happen to know)?

warrusty

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's an outdoor shot. I probably had the EV setting a little too high, but I'm still learning the app, which was recently updated.

My usual camera is an Olympus E-PL2 which is a micro 4/3, using a quality lens. I can live with this level of detail in a camera phone.

Again, I see no reason to freak out over the cell camera, even if the sensor isn't the state of the art. I'll gladly take additional battery life. Of course the next version of the Maxx HD will have a better camera, and quad core processor, and flexible screen, and a turbo charger, and intergalactic signaling ability, and ..................

Attachments

• DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 18

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I used the paid version. I don't recall the differences with a free version.

I've downloaded the free version. The difference appears to be that you only get photos that are 640X480 resolution.

Q. If you take a three or four photos in a row how are you reviewing them within the app?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's an outdoor shot. I probably had the EV setting a little too high, but I'm still learning the app, which was recently updated.

My usual camera is an Olympus E-PL2 which is a micro 4/3, using a quality lens. I can live with this level of detail in a camera phone.

Again, I see no reason to freak out over the cell camera, even if the sensor isn't the state of the art. I'll gladly take additional battery life. Of course the next version of the Maxx HD will have a better camera, and quad core processor, and flexible screen, and a turbo charger, and intergalactic signaling ability, and ..................

I'd be interested to see how FV-5 does in low light conditions. If you get a chance could you post some? The few shots I've taken so far with the free version of the app have not been encouraging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital