Will it fit?

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have wanted an Otterbox Defender in camo and blaze orange for a long time, almost enough to go iPhone. Now they offer it for the HD but said no plans for the MAXX HD. Since the HD is .33 thick and the MAXX HD is .37 thick, what are the chances it would fit?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Someone has to have a guess...can't believe someone doesn't have access to one of these cases. I guess I might have to buy one and if it doesn't fit, return it.

diablo0813

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
While I would normally agree with what Tony Wayman said, a friend of mine has the defender case on a Samsung Galaxy SIII. He has a stick-on screen protector AND the built in screen protection from the defender and I will say that it does fit. It actually had a little play as well, but that may be caused by the stick-on. I will also say that with the way they cut out the "eat hole" of the built in protector of the defender for both the SIII, and the RAZR MAXX HD, I will not be going with otterbox for the first time in 3 phones. I think the design actually CAUSES damage instead of protecting against it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central forums app

diablo0813

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Uhhh, after rereading the OP, I realized my post might seem like a random ramble. What I was going for was the following translation:

I think otterbox has slipped in their tolerances so it would most likely work.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central forums app

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'm going to see if I can find the case in a local best buy or brick and mortar (doubtful). If not, I'll bite the bullet and order it directly and hope it fits.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I still need to check with local stores to see if they have just a plain defender and if they don't, I'll order. I'll update when I do, hopefully within the month.

segordo

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks. I saw a guy at work had a camo one on his iPhone 5 and I really liked the way it looked. Can't wait to find out if it fits.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You are speaking to a big The Office fan and an even bigger That's what she said fan hahah

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Bit the bullet and ordered the Defender in camo for the HD last night...will let everyone know if it fits when it arrives. Per the specs, the MAXX HD is only 1/25" larger in thickness and I have trouble believing Otterbox uses that small of a build tolerance. Crossing my fingers!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
May have to remove some padding or mood it some. I hope not.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping its just a really tight fit. The thing I'm fearing the most is an incomplete wrap by the soft shell. Should be here Monday.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's not a PERFECT fit but it fits. I think there was one clip on the 2 plastic pieces that I couldn't get snapped but after wrapping the rubber piece around it, you'd never know. I pulled the foam piece on the lower hard plastic part off initially because I thought that's what the issue was but it didn't make a difference.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That Passport crap has a mind of its own.

Anyways, back to the topic...I played with the case a bit more this evening and was able to get all clips to snap. Success.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait for mine to arrive.. Don't like cases but after dropping my Bionic at work, I need to protect my investment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait for mine to arrive.. Don't like cases but after dropping my Bionic at work, I need to protect my investment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Did you order the Defender in camo? That's the only reason I ordered it for the regular HD. I will note, it takes some work to get the clips in and I do notice it needs a tightening every once in a while if you use the volume rocker often but IMO, its worth it.