Will an update come soon?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
You haven't set up any kind of Smart Action to disable WiFi have you? Not necessarily one doing it now, but ever? I was having a strange issue of my WiFi indicator only showing one bar after setting one up. Sometimes, the wifi indicator and the network indicator would both disappear completely. I have since deleted the Smart Action and in fact disabled the app altogether.
I also switched from Chrome to Dolphin as I noticed the signal drops only came while surfing the web with Chrome.
I can't say which one made the difference, but since doing those two things, my WiFi hasn't dropped once. I'll go back to Chrome later and see if that or the Smart Action was the culprit.

Edit--as a side note, the lag I was experiencing after waking the phone and swiping to the quick settings screen is gone since disabling Smart Actions. Perhaps an issue between the Google software and the Moto Smart Action programming?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You haven't set up any kind of Smart Action to disable WiFi have you? Not necessarily one doing it now, but ever? I was having a strange issue of my WiFi indicator only showing one bar after setting one up. Sometimes, the wifi indicator and the network indicator would both disappear completely. I have since deleted the Smart Action and in fact disabled the app altogether.
I also switched from Chrome to Dolphin as I noticed the signal drops only came while surfing the web with Chrome.
I can't say which one made the difference, but since doing those two things, my WiFi hasn't dropped once. I'll go back to Chrome later and see if that or the Smart Action was the culprit.

Edit--as a side note, the lag I was experiencing after waking the phone and swiping to the quick settings screen is gone since disabling Smart Actions. Perhaps an issue between the Google software and the Moto Smart Action programming?

My only Smart Action is a silent when charging w/ VIP callers. I've used this setup since the RAZR Maxx. I'm beginning to think there is an issue here. Do you have it set to automatically connect/turn on? I turned that off because I noticed it was killing battery. Sometimes I drop signal totally and others it turns white. Either way, it doesn't load. It also at times becomes slower then 1X even on WiFi once I leave room.

The fact that its only this phone and nothing else is concerning since I know nothing I do myself is fixing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd still install Wifi Analyzer and see what it shows in your dead spot. Are there any other SSIDs interfering. Does it show any 5GHz SSIDs in the area. Your other devices might not have 5GHz radios like this phone, so it would be interesting to see what Wifi Analyzer shows in the area on that band.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is set to automatically turn on. Also under the advanced WiFi settings, I have it set to always stay on during sleep and have unchecked the "avoid poor connevtions."
Just for giggles, try disabling the Smart Action app (which may require uninstalling the update if updated first), do a soft reset, then check the WiFi again. You won't be out anything more than 5 minutes of your time.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd still install Wifi Analyzer and see what it shows in your dead spot. Are there any other SSIDs interfering. Does it show any 5GHz SSIDs in the area. Your other devices might not have 5GHz radios like this phone, so it would be interesting to see what Wifi Analyzer shows in the area on that band.

I've installed it already and it showed a good signal throughout the house. I'll monitor it more but I don't know what I will see. I have turned off 5 GHz from reaching my phone in the settings. My Xyboard and laptop support 5 GHz too. Even if something was happening out of the norm why would it only effect this phone and no other devices? That's where my issue comes in.

JJ, I'll try that. I have the same options selected and deselected though so smart actions is my only difference.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to see if it makes a difference for you. Please let us know.

Completely disabled Smart Actions and my issue persisted after 10 minutes or so. The Wi-Fi Analyzer was consistent and never seemed to show a "drop" in dBm. Wi-Fi just went White (Gray) and never fully dropped as it does at times but it fails to work. This is worse then a Wi-Fi drop that completely goes away because at least the drop attempts to come back. This gray issue is basically telling me it's connected but receiving no data even though it has a great signal. To be clear - I've experienced both the Gray Wi-Fi and No-WiFi before with this phone on other setups.

And again, this has been 3 different devices with multiple router set ups. No other devices, including a HTC Thunderbolt, RAZR Maxx, Xyboard, Xoom, Sony Vaio Laptop, HP Laptop, etc. have connection issues. :confused:

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sucks. I was really hoping that would solve it for you. Really makes no sense why all other devices are fine and the phone isn't.
I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions based off my experiences.

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This is probably useless information but: My RAZR HD Maxx works "perfectly". I have the box clicked for "Avoid poor connections" and use a Netgear WNDR3700 router at home but the phone also performs well with any routers I have encountered.

So my obvious suggestion, which I don't think has been posted in this thread yet is: Have you downloaded an app which is causing this problem?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is probably useless information but: My RAZR HD Maxx works "perfectly". I have the box clicked for "Avoid poor connections" and use a Netgear WNDR3700 router at home but the phone also performs well with any routers I have encountered.

So my obvious suggestion, which I don't think has been posted in this thread yet is: Have you downloaded an app which is causing this problem?

I considered this before so I did a factory reset and didn't recover settings. No luck.

I'm afraid I'm either stuck or I need to convince Verizon for a comparable device not made by lg. I need great battery though so not many fit this mold. :(

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
this will be no help for your current problem but if your gonna pay full retail your way better off going to best buy and getting your phones. there black tie protection works out to the same price as asurion or close to it . with your current situtation you would be elligible for your money back after the third replacement phone with best buy . plus reward zone members get 45 or 60 days to exchange phones . i got done dirty by verizon one to many times with there refurb bullshiite and now i wouldnt think of buying from them direct.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My Wi-Fi disconnected when sitting in the same room as the router. Then it came back as gray and turned blue. Would not though so I had to turn it off.
ha5ysy6u.jpg

esudyqu2.jpg

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Forget it, Verizon is sending me a Galaxy Note II. I should have it tomorrow. I got lucky though since its still an Iconic device.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hows the wifi signal with your new droid maxx?

Posted via Android Central App

Amazing. No random disconnects or issues with the internet not loading. my RAZR HD Maxx had the issue constantly and the Note II had it a little bit.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update on the Droid MAXX. My GF and I still have our Droid Razr MAXX HD phones and we also experience the WiFi problems you described. I have unlimited data so it's not as much an issue for me. But it bugs the crap out of her since she has a tiered data plan.

I am adding lines to my account in November and will be forced to do a tiered plan. So I am considering getting the Droid MAXX. I am hoping that phone doesn't have WiFi connection issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update on the Droid MAXX. My GF and I still have our Droid Razr MAXX HD phones and we also experience the WiFi problems you described. I have unlimited data so it's not as much an issue for me. But it bugs the crap out of her since she has a tiered data plan.

I am adding lines to my account in November and will be forced to do a tiered plan. So I am considering getting the Droid MAXX. I am hoping that phone doesn't have WiFi connection issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

It won't. I've tested it extensively and have yet to experience a disconnect. The RAZR HD was losing connection or even keeping connection but wouldn't load constantly. I could be right next to the router with strong signal and I'd experience issues.

I've been using the Droid Maxx for close to a month now and I can say with 100% certainty that I have not experienced one drop.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman