Bluetooth issue with car radio using pandora...

shaselai

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i am a new owner of maxx HD and i took a test with my car's bluetooth and noticed a slight problem (might be settings?). Basically i found my radio "Sony" via the phone and i connected fine and i played pandora fine. When I turned the car off and turned it back on, the bluetooth doesnt automatically connect, or rather i see it is "connected" from the phone but the sony radio keeps showing me an access code and the phone wants me to make sure it is the same. I have no idea why this is happening and i managed to "fix it" by disconnecting and reconnecting but it is a nuisance. Prior to this my droid charge just auto connects to radio no problem.... Is this a settings thing or what? thanks!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i am a new owner of maxx HD and i took a test with my car's bluetooth and noticed a slight problem (might be settings?). Basically i found my radio "Sony" via the phone and i connected fine and i played pandora fine. When I turned the car off and turned it back on, the bluetooth doesnt automatically connect, or rather i see it is "connected" from the phone but the sony radio keeps showing me an access code and the phone wants me to make sure it is the same. I have no idea why this is happening and i managed to "fix it" by disconnecting and reconnecting but it is a nuisance. Prior to this my droid charge just auto connects to radio no problem.... Is this a settings thing or what? thanks!

What make/model car do you have? Is the Sony radio an aftermarket radio?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
A couple of things to try.

1.) Start everything over.

delete the pairing from both phone and Sony radio
disable bluetooth on the phone
do a Power off/Power on reboot of the phone (long press the power button, select Power Off, let it shut completely off for a few secs. then power up again.)
turn on bluetooth
re-create the pairing with the Sony radio
test

2.) Make sure when you enter your car that your phone is active, i.e. not on a blank screen after a timeout. This would be a hassle to remember to press the phone's ON button every time you enter the car.

3.) When in the bluetooth settings of the phone, under Visibility Timeout, check "Never Time Out". Downside is that your phone will always be visible to any bluetooth source and might be a battery drain.

4.) See this thread for a solution for a Galaxy S3 that might work for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...around-4-0-4-auto-bluetooth-pair-problem.html

DrKelvin Webb

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I just read your comments. The solutions you gave may be the solution I need. Since the Android "upgrade" my Galaxy S II connects with my Sony car radio via Blutooth for exactly 19 minutes then does a complete re-boot. I'll try your solution for the other problem this afternoon.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad