Concensus - MAXX HD or SIII

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I guess you aren't understanding me.

I am saying battery life doesn't matter because the SGS 3 more than makes it through a typical day. 14-16 hours.

The spare battery option is nice to have for longer or heavier usage days.

The ability to swap batteries at will is also a plus in case a battery goes bad.

I have also said that the maxx battery is a clear winner on a single charge, but that the ability to swap makes it moot if the need arises.

There has never been a time that I have needed to be away from an outlet for 50 hours straight so anything over 24 hours is a bit overkill. It is great to have without a doubt. But not a total necessity since most people hook up to a charger at night.

I would love the sgs3 to have a maxx battery. But buying the maxx just because of the battery life is no longer the necessity that it was with the original maxx.

The SoC setup starts to level the playing field and make it easier for a non-maxx phone get through the day with no hassles, unlike say the rezound, thunderbolt, og SGS, and the like.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Does too!
Does not!
Does TOO!
Does NOT! :p

Guys, I just came out of surgery. My incision hurts when I laugh, so just stop and have mercy. Neither of you are going to win this.

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I was not comparing the D2 to the S3 at all. Just the need to swap vs having battery that doesn't need to be swapped. I've done both and prefer not having to think about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I had a surgery like that so I literally have felt your pain

As to the other poster with the d2, my bad.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
One more thing - I come from Blackberry. I LOVE the way BB presents messages, especially SMS. The interface is clean, no wasted screen space (read - no frikkin bubbles) and any additional notifications like delivery notifiers are presented in the message. The Maxx comes much closer to this design than the S3. Delivery notifier on the S3 appear in the notification bar and they trigger the alert for a SMS. Since SMS is probably the most used feature of my phone, it's annoying to me that the S3 isn't as efficient in it's use as the BB, or the Maxx. Most people are fine with it, I know. Heck, people with iPhones seem happy with Apples lame excuse for an SMS client - probably because they're never used a really good one like the BB. So now I'm really confused as to which of my phones I like better. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and keep using them both (poor me!), and possibly flip them when I get my BB10.

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Have to do some more research. She is NOT happy with how the S3 is faring on battery life. Powersave settings are are enabled, etc. She has very few apps on it. I know my TBOLT would barely make it w/ the large 2750 through a 12+ hour day depending on usage.

OLY-JIM

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I test drove both the SG3 and the MAXX HD and ended up going with the MAXX...simply put, I like the MAXX better hands down for a number of reasons, but the battery life is so good on it that battery life isn't even a consideration for me on a daily basis...I neither find myself thinking about or worrying about battery life and that's a feature that is extremely important to me.

Sent via DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
This must have been a normal use day... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/dyjugyta.jpg

Bah.... battery readouts don't mean a whole lot. But if your comparing, here's a snapshot from my day using my Maxx HD. 11.5 hours and 90%. So if same use for next 11.5 hours that's 80% vs the 16% your showed. Just a day of reading threads, texting, a few calls, light surfing. Not a heavy use day, just showing that battery stats don't mean much without understanding the use and especially the signal strength.
stat.png

Still, I don't need to carry around no stinkin' extra battery :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Boy everyone takes it so personal.

I know that battery is the one thing motorola really has going for it at this point, and that the point you do have is rapidly deteriorating, but geez.

I already said that on a single charge the sgs3 doesn't hold a candle.

I also said there is more than one way to keep the candle lit.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The thread is nothing but responses to me and my post at this point.

I am pretty sure the OP has made the decision, ran out the two year agreement and has another thread somewhere else about the maxx HD 3+ vs the sgs6 somewhere.

Or at least he will before my statement about the battery being a wash is let go

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Have to do some more research. She is NOT happy with how the S3 is faring on battery life. Powersave settings are are enabled, etc. She has very few apps on it. I know my TBOLT would barely make it w/ the large 2750 through a 12+ hour day depending on usage.

That pretty much makes the decision then IF it's still between the Maxx and the S3.