airplane mode

shaq237

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I am going on an international trip and want to be able to use my phone for wifi only. I really don't want to get hit with any roaming charges. Is this possible with airplane mode? When I shut the phone off and turn it back on will it still be in airplane mode?

Thanks!

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am going on an international trip and want to be able to use my phone for wifi only. I really don't want to get hit with any roaming charges. Is this possible with airplane mode? When I shut the phone off and turn it back on will it still be in airplane mode?

Thanks!
Yes. But of course you have to turn on wifi because airplane mode turns it off. But those settings all persist across turning off the phone.

Theoretically, you're supposed to turn on airplane mode before powering down when you board a plane so that when you power up at 10,000 feet you come up in airplane mode. That's why they all work that way.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
If memory serves me correctly.... when in Airplane mode... you cannot place calls. Be sure to turn off data roaming in settings just to be safe. If I'm off base here, someone please correct me as I'm about to go to Mexico in a few days.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD