Not getting MMS messages

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My phone has suddenly stopped getting MMS messages and I have no clue why, and I know it worked after the Jellybean update, I currently use Handcent sms, any thoughts on why this is happening?

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i had hancent and was having problems. i went back to stock and have less problems. i receive mms fine but, whether handcent or stock i have never been able to respond to group texts, everytime i try and send a picture i get an error message. one thing i know is that it never prompts me to resize pictures and i can't figure out how get my phone to prompt me to do that. don't know if our problems are related or what, but any help would be much appreciated

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like both of you may need a reset or a new phone. IMO, third party messenger apps just aren't worth what they add.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i finally got this thing figured out, not sure if cheeta186 will have the same fix b/c your problem is with receiving not sending MMS the way mine was, but I called verizon support, had to go through the worthless troubleshoot person, then they'll finally contact you with tech support where the guy send he was going to 'reset my multimedia messaging function' OTA and that finally fixed everything. thanks to whatwhat, blg923, and megaroad for your input as well though