How do I switch from a 4G SIM to a 4G NFC SIM?

The Retro Replay

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from an Verizon GNex to a Droid razr maxx hd, I'm still using the 4G sim that came with my GNex, I want to try ISIS wallet but here in lies the problem. The GNex sim I'm using is not an NFC sim. I popped the NFC sim into my razr maxx hd, but the new sim doesn't activate.

So how do I switch from a regular 4G lte sim to a 4G lte NFC sim?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from an Verizon GNex to a Droid razr maxx hd, I'm still using the 4G sim that came with my GNex, I want to try ISIS wallet but here in lies the problem. The GNex sim I'm using is not an NFC sim. I popped the NFC sim into my razr maxx hd, but the new sim doesn't activate.

So how do I switch from a regular 4G lte sim to a 4G lte NFC sim?

Are you even in one of the two Isis test markets? If you're not, you won't be able to. If you are, you'll have to go to the Verizon store and have them activate the sim. (Or call customer service)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Are you even in one of the two Isis test markets? If you're not, you won't be able to. If you are, you'll have to go to the Verizon store and have them activate the sim. (Or call customer service)

I have thought about it for a long time and it is my money and my choice. Therefore, when my contract ends with Verizon, I will spend my dollars elsewhere and will use Google Wallet.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about it for a long time and it is my money and my choice. Therefore, when my contract ends with Verizon, I will spend my dollars elsewhere and will use Google Wallet.

I'm not sure how that's relevant to the topic?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how that's relevant to the topic?

It is relevant in that you need to get a new sim from Verizon and Isis is still in test markets only. I am sick of Verizon controlling how I use my phone. No you can not have google wallet and no you can not use Isis. You have an NFC phone on Verizon and it is pretty much useless.

Sorry for venting.....maybe not the right forum but it struck a nerve as I love the idea of a mobile wallet and Verizon is the only thing preventing that from happening.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It is relevant in that you need to get a new sim from Verizon and Isis is still in test markets only. I am sick of Verizon controlling how I use my phone. No you can not have google wallet and no you can not use Isis. You have an NFC phone on Verizon and it is pretty much useless.

Sorry for venting.....maybe not the right forum but it struck a nerve as I love the idea of a mobile wallet and Verizon is the only thing preventing that from happening.

Isis is in testing. Just like wallet was when it first came out.