I got a new Razr maxx HD yesterday because my old phone, a droid Razr has a terrible battery life. Upon opening this new Razr maxx HD I find 2 things I gotta get right. 1st is I want the world clock widget from my Razr on my Razr maxx HD. I can't seem to find it anywhere and I don't know how to get into system files or whatever I need to do to get it from the Razr to the Razr maxx HD.
    Second is the WiFi tether feature. I have unlimited data and believe me I use it. (150 gigs last month) a lot. With the new Razr maxx HD having jelly bean it seems Verizon has blocked the WiFi tether. How can I make it work again? I have read about root but I really don't want to brick my phone especially when I just paid 700$ for it to buy it outright yesterday. So the world clock widget and the WiFi issue....that's what I need to do. Who can help me out. If the suggestion of rooting...I am fine with stock jelly bean as long as I can add the world clock from old droid razr and WiFi (foxfi) tether for free tethering then I will be happy.
    02-20-2013 04:56 PM
    I believe rooting is the only way to use the Wi-Fi hot spot without paying the $29. 99 fee. And that's a whole lot of Data! Don't use a dedicated home Internet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    02-21-2013 08:16 AM
    Gonna need to root that puppy or downgrade to ICS.
    02-21-2013 01:25 PM
    I believe rooting is the only way to use the Wi-Fi hot spot without paying the $29. 99 fee. And that's a whole lot of Data! Don't use a dedicated home Internet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I travel a lot. Months and months away from home, I use the cell for internet and Xbox live.

Ok so how do I root this phone and also...anyone know about the world clock? I was reading and I think that world clock might be part of the motblur? Idk but its on my regular Razr with ICS and I didn't download it.
    02-21-2013 01:55 PM
    Yep, that has been the worst part of the upgrade to JB. Loosing that ability sucked. Was using Fox-Fi on ICS and it was great but thanks Google, for screwing me out of that option with JB. Appreciate that!
    02-21-2013 06:42 PM
    Ok so I rooted this junk. And I have kept my root into the JB update. Now, how do I get this WiFi going?
    02-21-2013 07:11 PM
    So I got a rooted Razr Max HD running 4.1.1 JB. I have spent all day researching how to get the free WiFi tether. I read and followed the thread on the treve mod WiFi app and its a no go. Just can't get it to put out an SSID to any devices.
    Now I'm moving on for a second. I got a system app dump from my old Razr running 4.0.4 and I see the worldclock apk and odex files. I tried to install the world clock but it said app did not install. I'm sure I have left something out which is causing the failed install of the world clock. Who is down to help?
    02-22-2013 12:58 AM
    Sixxstring, did you ever get the tether to work?
    03-15-2013 08:59 PM