Phone delivers as promised

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Maxx HD for 2 weeks now, and the experience is very much what I was led to expect. Battery life doesn't disappoint - especially when I"m actively using the phone. Whether hotspotting, surfing, talking or Netflixing, I get up to 10 hours of actual use (obviously a lot more when standby is included). Its pretty fast, with some occasional lag - particularly when going back to the home screen at points. The camera is meh, but not a big deal for me. The UI is good - I like the circles and overall look.
The build quality is excellent - I hate cases, and this phone doesn't need one. The kevlar back is a perfect surface for a smartphone -just the right amount of tackiness, and so far scratch resistant. It feels like a well balanced tank in my hand.
I came to this after having used a Fascinate and a Pre2 over the past 2+ years, and wow has Android come a long long way from the Froyo/Gingerbread days. The quality of the apps and the overall smoothness of the phone are light years from my fascinate (which to be fair was never a great phone)

CollegePartyBoy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. I've had it since the first day it came out and have not had a single issue. I constantly get phone envy when a new phone comes out. I have drooled over the display on the DNA and it's design is great. But I have resigned myself that it's the devil you know vs the devil you don't. I know the radio in my Maxx HD connects quickly and accurately every time I get off a plane. Phone quality is excellent. It is fast enough for everything I need in the business world. I don't watch movies or videos on it. I leave that for my Nexus 10. The camera can disappoint, but 90% of the time it's just fine. I agree on the feel of the phone, the build quality, the finish. I love the fact that it is not weighted down with Sense or another layer. The battery is fabulous, of course and I can't get over the fact that phones like the DNA don't have a micro SD. If you're going to do that, give it 32gb, then.
In the end, phones will continue to come out that are faster, thinner, prettier, etc... This one has satisfied 100%. Sometimes that's good enough.

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yea, this phone has defintely lived up to the reviews and expectations I had. The build quality is excellent as is mostly everything about the phone. It does occasionally lag when going back to my home screen and the circles widget has to load; this is nitpicking. The battery is second to none compared to anything else I've ever used. I unplug the phone at 6:30am, am on it contstantly throughout the day, and when I go to sleep at 10:30/11pm, the battery is never less than 40% or 50% unless I go out of my way to bring it down; my avg screen time is 3.5-4 hrs during the day. I even go without charging it on the weekend. I was able to get 1 day 14 hours and 4.5 hours of screen time this past weekend.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I can agree. The only gripe I have about the phone is occasional lag as well as a need to hard reboot twice (I think apps caused this). The screen is great (coming from Droid 4), the hardware is amazing (I have no problem seeing this thing still flawless in 2 years if I treat it right), and the battery is amazing. I love not having to restrain my usage to make sure I can make it through a day. Now I have no worries playing games, browsing the internet, or listening to [on-board, not streamed] music for an extended period of time. I'll normally have about 30-40% left after all that!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01