Will this Razr Maxx HD fix my "iPhone ITCH" Please read and HELP!!

cwaldo5252

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have read this forum for a while and decided to finally post. Let me start by saying I have searched and searched for my question and kinda got answers but was hoping to get more in depth answers, thoughts and analysis. I posted this somewhere else and was told to post it here too.

My problem is NEVER seeming to be satisfied with the phone that I have. My first smartphone was the original droid with the slide up keyboard. I loved it and kept it until i went to Florida to visit family and discovered words with friends. At that time it was only available in the Apple App store so, we immediately disconnected our service with Verizon and signed up with AT&T and both got iPhone 3G's. I loved it from day one and never really missed my droid. As time passed we upgraded to the iPhone 4 and then 4S. I currently have the iPhone 5 but not after a LOT of sampling.

Our contract ended with AT&T so we went back with Verizon and my wife went back to the iPhone 5 but I was getting tired of basically the same thing each upgrade so I went with the Motorola Razr Maxx HD. I absolutely LOVED the phone. The amazing battery, customization and just something new. But after about a week I got what I call the "iPhone itch". I wanted it back, no real reason why cause I was loving my Maxx HD but I was just so use to the iphone. I I took the Maxxx HD back within the 14 day period and exchanged it for an iPhone 5. I loved the 5 but was still not satisfied because it really hadn't changed that much even though I love the simplicity of it and I know how to use it so well.

Fast forward a week and I was like, I want the Galaxy S3, so I sold my iPhone 5 on eBay for a HUGE profit and bought Galaxy S3 with some of the money. Again, I LOVED the S3, everything about it, I loved it 100% more than my iPhone because there was so much more I was able to do with it. But again, after a week iPhone itch came back and I ended up selling the S3 and purchased another iPhone 5.

So now I am back to square 1 with the iPhone 5 which is a great phone but I am just not excited about it cause I can't really do anything to it, but I do love the familiarity I have with it. I really want to switch back to a droid so I can enjoy all of the customization options, bigger screen sizes, and bells and whistles. And I think if I can go for more than a week with it I will become more familiar with it and it will become second nature to me and I will learn little tips and tricks to make it just as easy to use as the iPhone.

Does anyone else go through this, never feeling satisfied because you really want something else but after a bit of time something just draws you back in and you can't seem to get away from it. Even if its vice-versa for you, you want a iPhone but can't stay away from the droid. Anyone have any opinions, insight anything? Thanks for reading my ramblings and I am hoping someone can give me some advice to either stay put or a thought process to give msyelf more time to get use to something different. I just know how easy the iPhone is to use, and I guess I am not 100% sure if I will ever be that comfortable with another phone. Thanks in advance guys!! Also, if this should be posted somewhere else let me know and i will try to move it.

-Chris

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So now I am back to square 1 with the iPhone 5 which is a great phone but I am just not excited about it cause I can't really do anything to it, but I do love the familiarity I have with it.

Does anyone else go through this, never feeling satisfied because you really want something else but after a bit of time something just draws you back in and you can't seem to get away from it?
-Chris

Some guys do this with women, I do it with beer, you do it with phones. LOL.

I wish I could help you beyond supplying an observation.

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
No one can help you, switching service and phones because of words with friends is a symptom of a disease no one can cure but you.

If you always end up back with the iPhone, might as well stick with it.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPhone 4 for two years. I finally decide to give Android a try. Mainly because I wanted a phone with a larger screen, which Apple didn't offer, and also out of curiosity. Narrowed my decision down to the S3 and the Maxx HD, and chose the Maxx since it just felt better to me. Four months later, I don't necessarily miss the iPhone, but I do miss iOS in certain ways. Mostly because of the way it simplifies things due to still having an iPad, but also since iOS seemed easier to navigate through.
However, there are frequently moments that I find myself saying "why can't iOS do that?" Launchers, widgets, and custom keyboards (swiftkey is phenomenal) are a few that immediately come to mind. I also like being able to add tweaks that required jailbreaking with my iphone. Then there's that insane battery. Every time I see my wife forced to plug in her iPhone 5, it makes me all the more confident in my decision to drop the iPhone.
I will admit though, if Apple releases an iPhone with a screen around 4.8 inches, I would give serious consideration to returning. Only if the battery life is close to that of my Maxx though.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a RAZR HD and its a great phone but I doubt it will make you forget about the iPhone. You need to try a higher end device and since you tried the S3 the only other option is try a Note II at your local store. Otherwise I don't see anything taking you from Apple.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was a longtime iPhone and now have the Maxx hd. I love it and won't go back. But I still find myself looking through the Craigslist ads for a smaller sized backup android phone to play with. The sg3 mini looks like fun. I then catch myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Two words -> "Gear Slut".
I have the problem also, just not as bad. I change phones about every six months.
Waiting for the new Motorola X........

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Two words -> "Gear Slut".
I have the problem also, just not as bad. I change phones about every six months.
Waiting for the new Motorola X........

YES! I'm not alone! While I don't have the itch as bad as OP, I too get the itch to upgrade to the newest flagship (whichever one I like most from all OEMs) at least every year. Gear slut, eh? I'm ok with that :p

jebb

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I've went back and forth between devices for one reason or another. End the end, it is all about what your willing to compromise. Now, I want a high end smartphone that is smaller/lightweight and takes decent pictures. Here I come, iPhone 5! Goodbye customization!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Like you, I've went back and forth between devices for one reason or another. End the end, it is all about what your willing to compromise. Now, I want a high end smartphone that is smaller/lightweight and takes decent pictures. Here I come, iPhone 5! Goodbye customization!

Sarcasm? I tried an iPhone 5 for a day and couldn't live with it. Its not bad but the limitations are not for me. The stock music player blows bit you have no options. No real notification LED, lower phone call sound, so so battery life, no talk + surf at the same time unless on Wi-Fi on VZW LTE, etc. Apple has sadly went backwards and I wouldn't believe it had I not of tried myself.

My opinion not anyone else's.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

anon(4054009)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
:p We suffer the same disease
After buying, selling, returns within 14 days I realized that IOS was what I wanted to use most of the time. So I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon and a Nexus 4 on Tmobile $30 plan to feed my android fix. You could buy both phones and swap sims with an adaptor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey