Benchmark scores...is my phone broken.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been extremely frustrated with the laaaaag on my MAXX HD. Based on the responses, I wonder if it could be my phone (Though, I've been through a couple). I was curious how my benchmark numbers compare to yours.

Quadrant Standard = 5157

Welcome to BROWSERMARK.COM = 2316

Also, my keyboard takes its sweeeeet time to come up.

I've seen Nexus 4 videos, my phone is nowhere near that snappy...not even close...not at all.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Benchmarks don't mean anything, so let's forget about all those right now.

If your phone is laggy, it could be anything from a rouge app causing problems to a software issue.

First thing you can do is try clearing your cache. Yanked the steps from another forum post:

1. Power the device off.

2. press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and then press the power button on the right side of the device until a Boot Mode Selection Menu appears.

3. Press Volume Down to highlight Recovery, then press Volume Up.

4. From the repair screen, press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time. A menu will appear. (You may have to try this several times before it works)

5. Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to clear cache, then press Power to select it.

6. Choose Yes.

If that doesn't help, my suggestion is to back up all your important data like pictures, text messages, etc... and do a factory reset on the phone. Go through and install apps a few at a time and once / if your phone starts exhibiting the same behavior, it will be easy to narrow down exactly what is causing To do a factory reset, you should just be able to do so in your Settings menu, something listed under Security or Privacy.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
If that doesn't help, my suggestion is to back up all your important data like pictures, text messages, etc... and do a factory reset on the phone. Go through and install apps a few at a time and once / if your phone starts exhibiting the same behavior, it will be easy to narrow down exactly what is causing To do a factory reset, you should just be able to do so in your Settings menu, something listed under Security or Privacy.
Just a quick update:

My lag was so bad my phone was becoming virtually unusable. I tried various ROMs, nothing seemed to help. When I would try that Moto Script with a ROM, the lag got noticeably worse! Even with no apps installed.

I did a restore to 4.0.4 using Matts utility. It was 100000000% (+/- 10%) better.

I didn't root it do anything and upgraded up through JB. Even with Google Now running and nothing disabled, uninstalled or frozen, it's working great.

Is it possible that rooting or Safe strap caused these lag issues?

If it was something else, why did ROMs lag badly as well?

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update:

My lag was so bad my phone was becoming virtually unusable. I tried various ROMs, nothing seemed to help. When I would try that Moto Script with a ROM, the lag got noticeably worse! Even with no apps installed.

I did a restore to 4.0.4 using Matts utility. It was 100000000% (+/- 10%) better.

I didn't root it do anything and upgraded up through JB. Even with Google Now running and nothing disabled, uninstalled or frozen, it's working great.

Is it possible that rooting or Safe strap caused these lag issues?

If it was something else, why did ROMs lag badly as well?

I had some pretty bad lag issues which caused me to do a factory reset. It worked fine for a day but then started lagging again. I realized it was after I reinstalled an app that recently had a pretty substantial update, Wunderlist. One of the new features was that it would push notifications if whoever you're sharing a list with made changes. Well, that was apparently the culprit. I disabled the push notifications and the phone is once again butter smooth.

My point... Check your apps and widgets. Make sure it's not something wonky there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20