? as battery indicator after update

cat4tuna

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Bought the Droid Razr Maxx HD last month. Worked great until yesterday's update.

Issue: question mark in battery indicator and refused to charge via any of several chargers provided by vzw
Standard tech support response: eventually got around to instructing me to hard reset phone
Tried multiple methods of hard resets. Which did not work.
Called tech support again today. Their brilliant solution is... wait for it... bring it in and swap out the phone. /facepalm

Does anyone know what the question mark is for or why it popped up? Why is an update released before testing?
I hope this post helps you...

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My GF's Razr MAXX HD had the same thing occur several months ago. I plugged in her phone to the charger that she had been using before (the battery was 47% full at the time) , and suddenly the phone screen went complete off and the phone became unresponsive. I plugged it into several other chargers and got no response. The next day I brought the phone to a Verizon store and the manager plugged in her phone to one of the chargers in the store. And that is when I saw it : a large icon of a battery with a big question mark in the middle. She let it charge for a minute and then booted the phone up. When the phone came back on, the battery then immediately registered at 47%. So it was never dead.

Then days later she began having problems with the Micro SD card and several apps going through an infinite Force Close cycle which would pop up a message every few seconds. It would render her phone unusable. After a Verizon employee and I concluded there was a problem with the SD card reader, I sent it to Motorola for repair. Motorola claimed to replace that component of the phone and shipped the phone back to us. I then inserted a brand new Micro SD card and two days later the exact same "infinite Force Close" and "unable to read Micro SD card" problem came back.

So she is now stuck with a phone that cannot use a Micro SD card. Since I bought her the phone via Amazon, Verizon will not swap her phone. And Motorola already "fixed" the phone and I paid all the shipping. We're at a stalemate.

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Try a different card, SanDisk is notorious for letting a few of those monsters through occasionally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My GF's Razr MAXX HD had the same thing occur several months ago. I plugged in her phone to the charger that she had been using before (the battery was 47% full at the time) , and suddenly the phone screen went complete off and the phone became unresponsive. I plugged it into several other chargers and got no response. The next day I brought the phone to a Verizon store and the manager plugged in her phone to one of the chargers in the store. And that is when I saw it : a large icon of a battery with a big question mark in the middle. She let it charge for a minute and then booted the phone up. When the phone came back on, the battery then immediately registered at 47%. So it was never dead.

Then days later she began having problems with the Micro SD card and several apps going through an infinite Force Close cycle which would pop up a message every few seconds. It would render her phone unusable. After a Verizon employee and I concluded there was a problem with the SD card reader, I sent it to Motorola for repair. Motorola claimed to replace that component of the phone and shipped the phone back to us. I then inserted a brand new Micro SD card and two days later the exact same "infinite Force Close" and "unable to read Micro SD card" problem came back.

So she is now stuck with a phone that cannot use a Micro SD card. Since I bought her the phone via Amazon, Verizon will not swap her phone. And Motorola already "fixed" the phone and I paid all the shipping. We're at a stalemate.

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.

I bought my phone through Amazon and I received a replacement with no questions asked. You're obviously within the 1 year warranty period.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21