Text Message Notification

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Razr Maxx HD for about a month and this has happened a few times already but I was somehow able to clear it...

My icon for text messages still shows one new message even though all of my messages have been read. I noticed it would do that with a group message but then when I would receive another text, the notification icon would correct itself. It did it again last night and I thought receiving new messages this morning would clear it. I received a number of messages this morning and it still shows one new message even though there isn't one.

For the time being, I have downloaded Go SMS Pro and clicked mark all as read within that app but the number one still sits on my text message icon in my menu of icons.

I do not want to delete all of my messages but that seems to be the only thing that would clear it based on research from various forums. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running 4.1.1 and build # 9.8.1Q_39.

Thanks.

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just deleted Go SMS Pro and the little orange one on my default text icon is still there. There are not notifications in my drop down menu.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Exact same thing happened to me. GoSms is fine but default text message shows one unread. I never fixed it or figured it out. Did a alternate hard reset instead since it was running a bit laggy and wanted to clean everything up. Hasn't happened since.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I went into my settings and cleared the data for my stock text messaging app and it didn't delete my messages
In that case, open your stock SMS App & manually delete all the threads then restore the backup.

Last edited:

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Clearing data in the app info section isn't supposed to delete messages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
In that case, open your stock SMS App & manually delete all the threads then restore the backup.

So I completely wiped out my texts from within the app by highlighting all of them and hitting the trash. The icon still showed a one! I gave up and did a backup of my texts then wiped out my phone with a reset.

Finally cleared the icon and I have turned off group messaging in my settings. Everything will come through as an individual message like the new Windows Phones on Verizon. Let's hope it was fixed...

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem when I send an MMS text it'll show a 1 and, then I'll go into the message that I sent and it goes away.

I also noticed that if an MMS doesn't send it'll do this.....

It was like this before and after the update.

Last edited:

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem when I send an MMS text it'll show a 1 and, then I'll go into the message that i sent and it goes away.

I also noticed that if an MMS doesn't send it'll do this.....

It was like this before and after the update.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I've now downloaded the Verizon Messages app since it now syncs with whatever device it is on. I have it installed on my RAZR MAXX HD and my Nexus 7; it's sort of like I have iMessage now like when I had my iPhone and iPad.

Maria Weaver1

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem! I've tried everything and I don't want to do a hard reset! I'm determined to fix this somehow! I'll be glad for any and all suggestions!

glbcpa

May 27, 2014
Visit site
You've probably figured this out by now and it frustrated me to death until I tried this simple thing and it worked ... kind of a "king has no clothes" answer.

When I am able to use wifi instead of data (which is most of the time) I turn off data. My daughter sends me pictures of her paintings, landscapes where she travels, etc and they hang with the "1" icon on the message icon since it is an MMS message.

I then turn on data, wait a few minutes, and the message is received and the "1" disappears.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2