My MotoSpeak & Audio Commands

gibby79

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Motorola Commandone headset and recently upgraded to the Droid RAZR Maxx HD.

As on my previous phone (Droid X2) I downloaded the 'My MotoSpeak' app from the Play Store, because I know that it works with the Commandone and is a good little piece of software.

My issue is that, when I hit the launch button on the headset, it doesn't launch My MotoSpeak but instead launches the Audio Commands inherent to the RAZR Maxx. Does anyone know how to switch this so that MotoSpeak is the default and launches when I use my headset? Sorry if this was asked in a previous thread - I didn't see it when searching for an answer.

Thanks!

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You have to clear the defaults in settings - apps for the default voice app. Then next time you use it you'll be able to choose which app you want as Default

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

soothmidas

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
tatootie67, can you please clarify your answer. I have having a similar issue on my Razr Maxx with Android 4.1.2 installed.

I bought the Motorola Roadster 2 and would like for My Motospeak to be the default app when I click the connect button on the Roadster. The only way I have found to make this happen is to completely disable the Google Search app. On the Motospeak app page it states that a pop up will appear and I will be able to select which app I want to complete the function. This does not happen for me at all. I have attempted to clear the data for the Google Search by doing the following:

On my home screen I clicked the Settings button > Manage apps
I scrolled to All and then selected the Google Search app
I clicked the Clear data button which erased the data as well as the cache
I backed out and performed the exact same procedure on the My Motospeak app

I then connected the Roadster and clicked the button to prompt a voice command. As I stated earlier, the webpage for their app says that a pop up menu will appear where I can select My Motospeak (as well as set if I would like for this to be a default action). This does not happen for me, the Google Search always opens as the default.

Thanks so much for any assistance anyone can provide. In a perfect world I would like to keep Google Search active for file searching, etc and have My Motospeak the default app for interacting with the Roadster.

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You have too click Clear Defaults, scroll down from where you cleared the cache and data

Same thing happened to me originally, I didn't get the prompt from moto speak to make it default

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

soothmidas

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did not have any Defaults in Google Search app - I guess it cleared when I cleared the other data. I tried the following but Google Search keeps overriding the My Motospeak settings:

Disabled Google Search
Cleared Default data for Motospeak - (fyi: when I did so, I was required to agree to the Motospeak Terms again)
Paired the phone with the Roadster and clicked the action button on the Roadster

This time a popup appeared and asked me to select between Motospeak and Voice Commands. I selected Motospeak and clicked the Do This Everytime button. I tested it a few times and everything appeared to be working properly. I then went into manage my apps and I enabled Google Search. I clicked the action button on the Roadster and for some reason Google Voice popped up instead of Motospeak (it did not give me the popup either). So something in the Google Search is overriding my specified preferences.

Perhaps this is an issue with the 4.1.2 update. If someone can offer assistance, that would be great. Otherwise I guess I will keep Google Search disabled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11