Widgets Freezing.

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem with widgets freezing. The widgets work, but they don't update graphically.

The widgets I have are circle clocks, scrollable news, Google now, onavu live update, Tesla led, Google play music, android power toggles, and Google keep. The ones that I've never used before are Google now, android power toggles, and Google keep (I haven't had a problem with the rest of them).

I'm on the latest version of jb. Not rooted. No launcher right now. Just FDR a week ago.

Anyone else having this problem? Know how to fix it, other than closing homescreen when it happens? Thanks.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem with every widget clock I've tried

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'll humor this.

If cache clearing is causing the problem, how do I fix it? And how come it never happened pre-FDR?

I have the same problem and I don't even know how to clear cashe

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
The only time that this had ever happened was when I cleated cache. Do you have don't keep activities turned on?

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Update on this, because I forgot about this thread:

I got rid of power controls. Don't need it because of the leftmost home screen (that I forgot about because I was so used to nova, I'm off nova for now).

I got rid of Google now widget. I can live with having to swipe up to see that.

And I got rid of Google keep altogether, because ever note is better.

No more widgets freezing. So it was one of those 3 causing it for me. Methinks different widgets cause freezing, could be one of those, or could be a different one altogether. Only way to find out is by trial and error.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Or they will freeze again in a week. I thought I had cured the issue but it recurs so seldom I cannot trace problem. So no big deal right? Hardly ever occurs? My class ckock widget froze and I didn't notice until i was late.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11