iTunes music transfer

joseph_hesse

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I guess I never figured I would change platforms in the time that I downloaded over 3,200 songs from apple. Long story short, I had bad problems with the iPhone 5 and decided to get a Maxx HD. What do I need to transfer the music from iTunes to .mp3? All of the songs have DRM. I have found several programs, but none that will convert the DRM files.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If you set up google play from your gmail account i beleive they will all be converted that way. And the cool part is none of them are on your phone. But with that many songs I would have to say it could take some time to convert them. You will be asked if you want to import from itunes.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess I never figured I would change platforms in the time that I downloaded over 3,200 songs from apple. Long story short, I had bad problems with the iPhone 5 and decided to get a Maxx HD. What do I need to transfer the music from iTunes to .mp3? All of the songs have DRM. I have found several programs, but none that will convert the DRM files.

I use ISYNCR to sync my iTUNEs playlists to my phone. From their FAQ:

What about music I bought from the iTunes store before April 7, 2009 with DRM?
Unfortunately, Android devices can not play songs with Digital Rights Management. However, all iTunes music (at least in the US) since April 7, 2009 will not have DRM, before that date only iTunes plus music will not have DRM.

So, based on what they say, unless all your music was purchased before 2009, it should work.

Dan Flores

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
doubleTwist is pretty cool too. But I agree that using Google Play Music is pretty nice, and you can choose to download certain playlist so that you don't have to stream it and possibly use network data.