Nova Launcher

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
When you all press your home button, where does it take you? Mine used to take me to my main home screen, but now just takes me back to whatever screen I was last on. For instance, if I scroll over to the screen to the right of my home screen and then launch an app from there and then press home button, it takes me back to that right side screen, not the main home screen. Anyone else experience this?

Did you download the latest update? There is now an option to control the action of the home button now. Under appearance I believe.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I have set. Seems like it should work but it still takes me back to whatever screen I was last on and doesn't reset a scrolled over dock either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368572936825.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368572936825.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 52

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I have set. Seems like it should work but it still takes me back to whatever screen I was last on and doesn't reset a scrolled over dock either.

I have the box checked for default home screen, and the home button takes me there no matter what screen I'm on.

Like this:

uploadfromtaptalk1368574995164.jpg

via Gnex

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have used Nova launcher paid version on my Note 2 for quite a while. I broke the phone and had to get a new one from Sprint. In setting it up I cannot add bookmarks from any browser to my home screen. When I try I get teh message page full, even when it is an empty page. I read one should disable auto add widget from Play Store but that made no difference.

Anyone have an answer?

I've never had that problem before. How are you trying to add the bookmark via long pressing the home screen or through the Nova settings? Although I wouldn't see why it matters but just curious. :)

via Gnex

allan473

Mar 5, 2011
www.nebirds.com
I've never had that problem before. How are you trying to add the bookmark via long pressing the home screen or through the Nova settings? Although I wouldn't see why it matters but just curious. :)

via Gnex

I was trying to do it through the browser - save bookmark to home screen. How would I do it through Nova?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the box checked for default home screen, and the home button takes me there no matter what screen I'm on.

Like this:

View attachment 68154

via Gnex

I actually have had the box checked until just before I took that pic. I've tried it both ways and no luck. Must just be a glitch with my phone or something. :'( Not the end of the world I guess...

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually have had the box checked until just before I took that pic. I've tried it both ways and no luck. Must just be a glitch with my phone or something. :'( Not the end of the world I guess...

Have you selected Nova Launcher for Always when you hit the Home Button or you select Just Once? Until you select Always it will always behave the way you describe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Have you selected Nova Launcher for Always when you hit the Home Button or you select Just Once? Until you select Always it will always behave the way you describe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Yes. Otherwise I would have to pick which launcher to use every time I press the home button.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova. I have also used go launcher. I find them very similar.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Nova and Apex are very similar, but each has a feature or two that the other is lacking. Nova lets you put widgets in the dock, while Apex lets you resize your dock icons independently of other home screen icons, which i like.

joelbon

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I went to Nova launcher as well. I thought I would really miss Circles, but I found One More Clock Widget. It has an excellent widget that is almost identical to Circles. It isn't exactly the same, but close enough for me. Rings Digital Weather Clock isn't too bad either, but OMC is much better.

Now go try Nova, it is great!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I can't remember everything about Go now, but I think Nova has a scrolling dock that Go doesn't have. I think Go might be easier for creating folders in the drawer. I also like the swiping actions with Nova. I just swipe up on the screen to open the drawer. Swipe down to open my pic gallery (you can set them all for whatever you want).

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
In what ways is Nova better than go launcher?

Go is slow for me and freezes on my OG Tab on GB. I switched to Nova on all my devices and rarely have any issues.

via Gnex

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember everything about Go now, but I think Nova has a scrolling dock that Go doesn't have. I think Go might be easier for creating folders in the drawer. I also like the swiping actions with Nova. I just swipe up on the screen to open the drawer. Swipe down to open my pic gallery (you can set them all for whatever you want).

Go Launcher offers both user chosen swipes and scrollable dock in its free version.
I do agree it is tougher on ram.

Homeuser

May 9, 2013
Visit site
@allan473
I was wondering if you got the fix for your issue about sending things to your Home Screen?

I am not sure if this is a bug or just something on my end. I can't find anyone else having this issue or not anywhere. I have Nova Launcher 2.1 and just recently installed Nova Launcher 2.1beta1 and am having the same issues. I wanted to create a shortcut to a document as I have done in the past. I have a few folders on a page to the right of my Home page. For some reason, I can't add any shortcuts. I am using either ES File Explorer or FX. When I hold on a document, and choose "Add to desktop" it would say, "Shortcut added to desktop" yet it's nowhere to be found. However, if I go to the "Touch wiz" launcher, all the shortcuts are there instead...

Any ideas?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
right above the check box hit the place where it says home button then select jump to page and select one... takes me to main front page.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
right above the check box hit the place where it says home button then select jump to page and select one... takes me to main front page.

Still no luck for me. I'll just have to double press it until I get my next phone. I've had to put up with worse things in my life...