Nova Launcher

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is using Nova Launcher and, if so, how it is working for you compared to the stock launcher.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I use it, and like it. I have an S3, with Touchwiz, which generally gets no love around here. I actually had no real dislike of Touchwiz, but the app LIghtflow, which I rely on, doesn't get along well with Touchwiz, so I decide to try Nova. It's a bit smoother and quicker, has many more options for configuring the home screens, including customizing icons and putting more rows and columns on a page. It will import all your existing launcher settings on install, and there's a free version, so give it a try.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use it, and like it. I have an S3, with Touchwiz, which generally gets no love around here. I actually had no real dislike of Touchwiz, but the app LIghtflow, which I rely on, doesn't get along well with Touchwiz, so I decide to try Nova. It's a bit smoother and quicker, has many more options for configuring the home screens, including customizing icons and putting more rows and columns on a page. It will import all your existing launcher settings on install, and there's a free version, so give it a try.

^^^^This. Great launcher. Try it before you buy it. Can't go wrong.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is using Nova Launcher and, if so, how it is working for you compared to the stock launcher.

Been using the free version for about a month now. I like it because I can get rid of the Google search box on all pages (I have left it on the main home page.) I also set the Google search box to resemble the ICS version, with clear, open box instead of the JB version with solid colored box because the clear box looks better with my overall color scheme. It seems faster than the stock launcher (and there are speed adjustments) though I didn't have any problems with lag or slow speed with the stock launcher. If you like the stock Moto circles widget you won't be able to use it with Nova, or any other aftermarket launcher. Not sure, but I think Nova gives you the option of adding 2 more pages to your set-up. Also, there are other adjustments the stock launcher doesn't have.

I won't be going back to the stock launcher.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the prompt responses. I have downloaded the free version. I like it so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The stock droid wallpaper seems to be out of adjustment since using Nova. How do you go about resizing?

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Receiving text messages turns off the Nova launcher. Strange?

I'm willing to bet you haven't set Nova as default yet and when you hit the home button it still asks if you want to use Nova or TouchWiz. Until you set Nova as default by telling it to use Nova always when you hit home you can't experience the full power of Nova. If you decide you don't like it you can always uninstall it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it for a year+ and love it. I have the paid version now as it does have some nice additional features and plus he deserves a little reward for all of his hard work on a great launcher. I love being able to get rid of the Google box as well. Also the scrolling dock and swipe actions. I now no longer have an app drawer button. I just swipe up in the middle of the screen and it opens the drawer. Confused the heck out of the Verizon store employee when I took it in.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Circles Widget & what did it do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Circles Widget & what did it do?

It's a slick time/weather/battery widget using thee different sized circles. If you tap on the edge of the circle(s) it will flip over and have more info on the reverse side.

You can't download it and use it on a non-Moto phone, nor can you use it with anything except the stock launcher. There are very similar looking clones of it out there, however, that would work with Nova or other launchers.

302x4cl.jpg

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Nova, paid version. Excellent launcher

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367602828294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367602828294.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 283

allan473

Mar 5, 2011
www.nebirds.com
I have used Nova launcher paid version on my Note 2 for quite a while. I broke the phone and had to get a new one from Sprint. In setting it up I cannot add bookmarks from any browser to my home screen. When I try I get teh message page full, even when it is an empty page. I read one should disable auto add widget from Play Store but that made no difference.

Anyone have an answer?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
When you all press your home button, where does it take you? Mine used to take me to my main home screen, but now just takes me back to whatever screen I was last on. For instance, if I scroll over to the screen to the right of my home screen and then launch an app from there and then press home button, it takes me back to that right side screen, not the main home screen. Anyone else experience this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol