Forward/Email Entire Text Conversation?

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to forward/email an entire text conversation? The only options I see is to do it one text at a time which is really annoying!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
They are each stored as individual messages, not as conversations. Therefore, no way to accomplish what you'd like to do...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

hobbes1879

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Might try using an app such as My Backup to back up your texts. Then email the back up file of the conversation. Wacky roundabout way of getting it done, but it might work. Just a thought.

Posted via Android Central App

joelbon

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There are a couple of apps that you could try. Email My Texts or Backup to Gmail. Email My Texts is really the best choice and will give you just what you want. It is $4.90, but worth the price if you want the feature. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... How about SMS Backup and restore. It has the ability to backup a specified convo, so you dont back up everything, unless you want to. Then you can also have it email you a copy of the backup, which is XML format. That can be opened with microsoft word. So then when you have the email backup, you can just forward that to whoever you want. Done deal. Free.

joyshipmatejoy

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Thanks for your advice. I downloaded this app and backed up my texts, but how do I email them to myself? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks again!!!

jmr1jerry

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
hi go back to the main screen on the app, then hit your menu app on your phone, it will bring up a menu that has several options, press on the one that says send file" and then follow the instructions on the screen. hope this helps!

cuek80

May 17, 2013
Visit site
sorry for bumping old thread.. just in case there's still someone looking for a way to forward sms conversation.. I found that Textra can forward selected sms, but if you have alot of sms in 1 conversation, you will need to tick every sms to forward whole conv.

hope this helps.
thanks

Dawn Bolinsky

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded a FREE app on the phone, SMS Backup - it sends EVERY TEXT to my Gmail .... a folder named SMS. I go into my email about once a week and just open the folder and delete what I don't want to keep. I LOVE IT ! I have been using it for almost 4 years.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Will the app fwd all the pics that are part of the conversation or just the words?

I don't know about the others, but I use SMS Backup and Restore and it does back up pictures. I've got mine set to back up my texts to Drive every night, after I had a phone stolen and lost every one of my texts.

Posted via the HTC One

Terese Johnson

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
if that is so then why when you want to delete just one single text it deletes the whole thread? how is it logical to treat as individual messages in one situation but a whole conversation in another?

Mickeyaaaa

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
OMG thank you thank you! TEXTRA is the bomb! Long press each sms you want to fwd then hit options - "share via email" boom, done. whole conversation emailed to me. Timestamped, labelled, perfect.:)

SMS Backup does not have this option - single sms msg only.

Shawna Gregory

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded TEXTRA and tried to do this but the result was one giant conversation sent to my email. No timestamp, no label, nothing, just a massive message. I tried to do the long press and I can't find the options but to click "share via email"