Forward/Email Entire Text Conversation?

Mickeyaaaa

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
after long press and checking all the texts you press the options button in top right corner (looks like 3 vertical dots), then choose "Share as email"...should get something like this:
textra.JPG

j0el

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
Hmm... How about SMS Backup and restore. It has the ability to backup a specified convo, so you dont back up everything, unless you want to. Then you can also have it email you a copy of the backup, which is XML format. That can be opened with microsoft word. So then when you have the email backup, you can just forward that to whoever you want. Done deal. Free.

I tried to use the sms back up and restore but i'm still missing messages. For example, I have a conversation with one of my friends to present, but it's only back up/restoring our conversation up to nov 26

sgs5000

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
I've just downloaded Textra app from Google play, and it has worked BRILLIANTLY forwarding entire text conversations by email to my Inbox. (You will need to have at least 2 email addresses (or send to a friend or partner) then save as a Notepad txt doc. Perfect.

davidrusher

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
Textra is useless. it emails an unformatted text blob with no carriage returns. It is real easy to search and find message though -- if you need a searchable database Textra is the moose.

davidrusher

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
Textra is unusable -- generated an unformatted txt file witn no carriage returns.

SMS backup+ works but you cant just send one thread. It has to back up everything and that is slow about 5 seconds per text. The formatted emails are very good with date/timestamp/recipients. All backups land in google email in a new SMS folder.

youcancallmebob

Sep 9, 2020
Visit site
I have a similar issue. An entire conversation with me was deleted from my wife’s phone. Trying to figure out a way to back up the convo on my phone and then restore it onto hers. Hopefully there’s an app that would facilitate this