headphone jack not working

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My headphone jack appears to have stopped working. When I plug headphones in, music still comes out of the phone speaker. I tested a second set of headphones to confirm it's the phone. I was wondering whether this has happened to anyone else, and whether they were able to fix it in any way.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The problem appears to have been lint in the headphone jack. I guess I'll leave this here in case others have the same issue.

Dillan Miller

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
How did you get the lint out because my galaxy s4 was working fine and a few hours later I tried putting my headphones in and all I hear is static... same thing happened with multiple aux chords

LPBak

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had success with a pair of very small sharp tweezers. Just be careful not to jam them down too far-just to the bottom of the hole and then close them and pull out. You'll have to do it several times. I now keep a small piece of tape over it while not in use.

jeristotle

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! Solved my problem. Hadn't used my case for a while, ended up getting something in the jack I was able to remove/scrape off with some tweezers. Will be finding another case that isn't as bulky as my last one (although the case DID keep my RAZR in great shape).

sdemaine

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me too. I used a can of compressed air to remove the debris and it worked like a charm. Just be sure to keep the can upright when doing so as to not fill the jack with moisture.

bluzzy

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank You! Just saved me a trip to Verizon for a seemingly hardware issue. I happened to have a toothpick and flashlight in my car, so this fix took all of 30 seconds :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I put my phone in my pocket. So before I ever plug my headphones in I check for lint. This is the first phone that has not been in a holster and on my hip.

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD via Android Central App

cornelius love

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
ok so i have a samsung exhibit 4g right so i playing music right. so say if i touch the the head phone tip when its in the phone the muisc will stop or the music would play out through the speaker of the phone even though the headphone is puged in. help please. ps already tried cleaning with compressed air still dont work.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
ok so i have a samsung exhibit 4g right so i playing music right. so say if i touch the the head phone tip when its in the phone the muisc will stop or the music would play out through the speaker of the phone even though the headphone is puged in. help please. ps already tried cleaning with compressed air still dont work.
sounds like the contacts in the port are bad or the headphones are bad. try another pair of head phones. if that does not solve the problem check to see if your phone is still in the one year warranty.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Try using alcohol on a Q-tip (not drippy wet, though) and clean the metal contact point on the headphones jack. Many times, your fingers and other things cover the jack with skin oils and debris. The alcohol/Q-tip cleaning will fix bad contact points in almost every situation.

Mindy Rice

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
.I just had the same problem. Someone suggested using canned air in the jack. The first shot didn't work but the second did like a charm. Of course make sure you are using one of the "straws" on the can and not a big blast!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2