Pariring RAZR Maxx HD and 2013 Audi

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the RAZR Maxx HD and a 2013 Audi Q7. The Audi will not read my contacts that are synced with my gmail account. When I add my gmail account to my phone, the contacts is automatically updated and I can see all of them when I click on "People". However my Audi can not. If I actually copy the contacts to my device (via a .vcf file), then my Audi can see the contracts. I didn't have this problem with my Samsung Note 2. Has anyone experienced this problem with their Audi?

jtg11

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2013 Q5 and have the same issue although in my case, I do not believe my system will sync any of the contacts (I have exchange sync and not gmail). I have tried even manually importing them and it gets to about 100 contacts and aborts.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was able to resolve the problem. 1) Deleted all Bluetooth pairings (the Audi and the phone). Be sure that you don't have any Bluetooth connections saved on the Audi. Next, I did a MMI Reset on the Audi. You simply need to press 3 buttons on the console. Every model has three different buttons to push, but the reset instruction are in the MMI manual that came with your car. 2) I did a Factory Reset on the phone. 3) Changed the Bluetooth name for the phone. 4) Re-paired the phone to the Audi and ... WOW! Everything worked.