Any future software upgrades possible?

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just like a PC.. Back up and a fresh install of the OS will limit the lag. I guarantee those with lag on an ongoing basis have installed, uninstalled tons of apps leaving junk to clog up the system. It's just the way it is. Having come from an S3, I notice minimal lag. Having a second gig of ram would have made this phone for dead balls on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting, I left the MAXX HD because of lag and was told it didn't exist. I'm glad to see it's finally being acknowledged.

As I understand it, the lag is NOT caused by Jelly Bean itself. There is actually a Motorola power saving script that kills performance to save battery and that is the source of lag.

Example: the HTC First. Even though it has that Facebook homescreen, it can be disabled and the device runs stock Android and virtually lag free; and it is not as powerful as the RAZR HD.

My point is that a smoother experience is possible on a less powerful device. TouchWiz creates a HUGE performance hit on Samsung phones, which is why they seem to lag a lot. The Motorola script causes the RAZR HD lag. It sucks, because I really enjoyed the MAXX HD (except amoled, which the Moto X phone will have the S4 screen, ugh).

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd imagine/hope that as things progress the phones will be able to use the battery more efficiently and we will get the same battery life out of a smaller battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I would still buy it. You can't beat the battery life. Sure it has some lag but not enough to make me jump ship to another phone until one with a similar battery life comes out. All phones have some issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid